You are not logged in.

#1 Oct 11, 2016 10:17 PM

rocket
Gems: 0
Birthday: 10 October

people's opinions on the TLOS series

ok, i have been watching reviews of the spyro franchise in general recently and it always seem's to have the same outcome, everyone hates the legend of spyro, and i don't understand why, i know it's not like the old games but as the developers said its a completely different game, you can't exactly compare the originals to the TLOS series, so i just wondering what are your opinions on the TLOS series in general and even the spyro franchise.

do you like the TLOS series

yes 50%
no 50%
Total votes: 8

#2 Oct 12, 2016 4:39 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: people's opinions on the TLOS series

eh... if you asked me a few years ago, i would have said "yes", but nowadays, i just can't really get into the TLOS games. there are a few reasons, i guess it's kind of hard to explain some of them, but these two reasons stick out at me:

1) the gameplay was way too repetitive, especially in ANB and TEN. just fighting the same few monkeys over and over...

2) my tastes have changed over the years. the games are just a little too "moody"/"dark" for me nowadays.

#3 Oct 12, 2016 6:58 AM

rocket
Birthday: 10 October

What do you think from a story perspective, because I hear many people say it's not a spyro game and should never be just because it isn't like the originals , all the gameplay problems aside ( I have to admit the gameplay wasn't the strong point) do you think it is a spyro game?

#4 Oct 12, 2016 2:19 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

#5 Oct 12, 2016 3:45 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Oct 12, 2016 3:45 PM)

#6 Oct 12, 2016 6:15 PM

Twingo
Gems: -1,618
Birthday: 23 May

The thing is, when you were a big fan of the original games when you're younger, I think it makes it harder to enjoy the newer games for what they're worth since they're just so different to the older games. Same thing happened to me with the Need For Speed series.

That being said, the main reason I like TLoS is simply that it has a good vibe (not including TEN, that game just put me on tilt every time I played it). Each level had it's own unique feeling and good music to go along with it. It was relaxing in a way the original series wasn't. Everything else (story, characterization, etc.) I never really had any strong feelings either way.

#7 Oct 12, 2016 7:56 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

#8 Oct 13, 2016 4:19 AM

1Toonhead

The time I played it yes but the second time no. I didn't enjoy it at all. I do have respect for it though, it just not my generation of game. Still prefer it to Skylanders any day.

Where's Gnasty Gnorc, I'll torch him!!!!

Board footer