Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 01, 2015 8:24 AM

1Toonhead
Gems: 0

Odd Glitch in Gateway to glimmer.

Gday to all Spyro fans. Just been trying to see how little I can pay money bags, just for fun and for some reason at the beginning of the game I had the Fire Ball Power. The only way you can normally get this, if you do the whole 100% game and go into Dragon Shores and go through the gates. It defiantly made the game easier and the bosses where just a joke. Does anyone how this glitch happened.

Where's Gnasty Gnorc, I'll torch him!!!!

#2 Nov 01, 2015 5:05 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: Odd Glitch in Gateway to glimmer.

i'm not sure how *precisely* it happens, but if you get that "fire ball" breath once, you tend to get it at the beginning of the game again. i think you have to start a new game over the save data with the fire ball breath on it.

#3 Nov 01, 2015 6:14 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

I think it's questionable if it is a glitch, I find it more like an easter egg or something like that.

#4 Nov 01, 2015 6:36 PM

Morgan
Gems: 65

I think that it happens because of the way that the permanent superflame flag is set on the file that it's on.

#5 Nov 01, 2015 7:20 PM

LXShadow

I've always wondered about this. Is it possible that it happens whenever you load a game (or play up to the point) where you get the permanent SuperFlame, and then go back to the title screen and start a new game without turning off the console?

It's possible that the game is programmed to 'remember' your superflame when you have it, but not 'forget' it when you go to the title screen--probably because it was added at the last minute, and programmers didn't add the code to 'forget' it.

My theory in a sentence: Superflame is off by default. When you go to the title screen from the pause menu, it doesn't reset the superflame. So if you have it/load it on a save, and then go back to the title screen, it won't be switched off.

Last edited by LXShadow (Nov 01, 2015 7:23 PM)

#6 Nov 06, 2015 10:56 AM

1Toonhead

Where's Gnasty Gnorc, I'll torch him!!!!

#7 Nov 20, 2015 12:30 AM

Dark Intentions
Gems: 96
Birthday: 30 November

Is it possible this can carry on to another file that had been created prior to unlocking permanent super flame in addition to any new file begun?

Board footer