Ban reason: Trolling

#4727 May 24, 2015 3:53 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Re: General Discussion 5

Ugh, hope you have more patience with computer issues than I do. I was banging my head against the wall trying to deal with my laptop today.

Short story: My laptop was running Windows 8.1 and CCleaner screwed it up by deleting some important registry files. Tried a factory reset and got an error halfway through...then the stupid thing wouldn't even boot in safe mode. Luckily after a lot of experimentation with recovery drives, partitions and *bleep*, I was finally able to get a clean install of Windows 7. It all worked out and now my computer is quick and runs well though! Now I just need some Bluetooth headphones so I can get passed the messed up headphone jack. >_>

Edit: Never mind. The thing just failed and needs to reinstall Windows. *bleep* Windows

#4728 May 24, 2015 5:28 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Finally got a new GamePad and Wii U back from repair. Gonna be more careful. Now back to Super Mario 3D World.

Sorry to hear that Paranoia I hope everything sorts itself out.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#4729 May 24, 2015 9:37 PM

Paranoia
Website

Nice, enjoy your Wii U again!

Turns out the hard drive went bad. $40 bucks later everything's back up and running

#4730 May 24, 2015 9:38 PM

Steinar
Banned
Gems: 0

Ban reason: Trolling

#4731 May 25, 2015 3:06 PM

Mr. John

Thanks guys. The one thing I learned from this is to be careful, as sometimes things can happen, Weather it be the Wifi module in the GamePad coming lose or damage deep within the controller, or anything else I will be more careful with GamePad and Wii U. I take care of them but do so more this time. Any I appreciate and will have fun. You have fun when you get it to Steinar it may not be doing well but it's an amazing system with an incredible controller, and wide selection of games. Smash and Mario Kart, Super Mario and Legend of Zelda being prime examples.

Anyway anyone seen any big movies lately? Mad Max Fury Road looks good.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#4732 May 25, 2015 4:46 PM

Paranoia
Website

I saw Interstellar for the first time last night. I enjoyed it a lot, even though it went full-on crazy near the end.

As for your Wii U, it might be worth it for you to get some pro controllers too. I've tried them out and they work really well. And it would take some wear away from the Gamepad.

I've been playing Skyward Sword recently since Ranger let me borrow it. It's...not bad, but I can't help to feel that it would be better game without all the silly motion controls.

#4733 May 25, 2015 4:59 PM

Mr. John

I appreciate it Paranoia thanks for the advice. I've got the Wiimote and Nunchuck plus the Classic Controller So I'll use those at times. As well to take the wear away. With all this as well as trying to reduce GamePad use I think it should help for my Wii U GamePad and Wii U titles. I probrably don't need it. As a result but  I 'll keep the Pro Controller in mind. Thanks once again Paranoia. Anyway that's enough of that.

Interstellar sounds good.

Anyway might see Jurassic World. It might not be as good as the original. But should be fun. And hopefully it does well.

Cayla Mills

#4734 May 27, 2015 12:42 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

Chessmaster
Level 67

#4735 May 28, 2015 1:14 AM

Flapjacks
Birthday: 5 October

The other day I started messing with a Wii emulator trying to get it to run well, then I managed to get Xenoblade Chronicles running; the main problem with the game is it's price. There weren't too many North American copies made, so, naturally, you have to either pay upwards of $100 for them on Amazon, or get lucky, and with a bit of research, manage to find one at a Gamestop near you. After searching, the closest one to me was in Gilroy (over an hour away,) not guaranteed to be in stock, and if it were, would have cost at least $60. So, using the internet, I managed to miraculously and questionably obtain a copy of the game.

don't be like me, kids

The game is really good. I got it to look really nice by upping the resolution, adding some anti-aliasing, and installing a high resolution texture mod. It's really open with what you can do, also. You can play as whoever you want in the party, (however you can't really feel it if you don't play as Shulk,) and everyone has different abilities and uses in battle. I'd definitely say try it if you can.

#4736 May 29, 2015 3:08 PM

Mr. John

I agree it's great. From what I've seen.

Cayla Mills

#4737 May 30, 2015 2:27 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

I want to play that game so bad sad

Chessmaster
Level 67

#4738 May 31, 2015 5:53 AM

Flapjacks

#4739 Jun 01, 2015 2:18 AM

Mr. John

Sigh for the past, few weeks, and months, I've been thinking and dreaming about a girl, I really used to like, she's a real sweetheart, she's also ver intelligent, and very kind. Everything I want in a girl. But a friend told long ago she's already got someone. I've moved on I'm happy for them. He's got a great girl and I hope their together forever I'll always care about and miss her, Heck I would hug her and thank her, for everything If I could. But she's where and with who she needs to be with. I'm happy for them in a way I've found closure on this and said a final goodbye to her. I care about her she's always in my heart good enough for me, She and her man are happy, We've both moved on, I'm happy single that's how it is. Sorry for boring you guys have a great day!

Cayla Mills

#4740 Jun 01, 2015 3:02 AM

Flapjacks

#4741 Jun 01, 2015 3:37 AM

Mr. John

Thank you Flapjacks that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. I appreciate, I am forever grateful for the kind words so thank you! smile

But yeah, I mean when someone you care for is happy, you're happy for them, you acknowledge that and move forward. That's what I've been able to do, and I've moved on, Besides their happy so I'm happy for them good for them. I wish them eternal bliss and greatness. I'm happy single too so all's good. Enough of that.

Yeah life can be tough but I've just learned you gotta roll with it, take it in stride be true to who you are, and stay positive marching forward through the roller coaster of life!

Well you guys got better things to do then listen to my stories have a nice day everyone! Can't wait to see what's ahead!

Last edited by Mr. John (Jun 01, 2015 3:39 AM)

Cayla Mills

#4742 Jun 01, 2015 7:09 AM

Flapjacks

#4743 Jun 01, 2015 4:18 PM

Mr. John

Thanks! Yup those scenes look cool.

Cayla Mills

#4744 Jun 07, 2015 3:53 PM

Paranoia
Website

Having my first big breakfast since coming back from a week of camping and working in the wilderness. Biscuits, bacon, yogurt and coffee are much better than oatmeal every day. tongue

#4745 Jun 08, 2015 7:08 AM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#4746 Jun 08, 2015 3:23 PM

Paranoia
Website

What kind of tea do you drink and what do you put in it? I've wanted to replace my morning coffee with tea in the past, but I can never find one to fill the void.

#4747 Jun 08, 2015 6:00 PM

Mr. John

Hope you had fun Paranoia sounds good. Water's always my morning drink. But I think tea could be a good morning beverage if that's what you want go for it. I'm not really sure about the different kinds though. So can't help in that regard but enjoy.

Cayla Mills

#4748 Jun 13, 2015 10:35 PM

Paranoia
Website

Thanks, Mr. John. The work is tough, but it's been a good experience so far.

Anyone have any good 3DS EShop titles to recommend? I've been playing a lot of 3DS to chill out at the end of a long day. So far I've finished Wario Land 3, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Kirby Block Ball in the past 2 weeks.

#4749 Jun 13, 2015 10:49 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#4750 Jun 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Mr. John

If you haven't tried it I'd recommend Shovel Knight it's got great praise and seems like a blast. True love letter to classic video games from the old day.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf seems fun. To being mayor of you're own town helping the citizens looks like a blast.

Finally I think if you enjoy the Super Mario series somewhat, then Mario and Luigi: Dream Team might be enjoyable, you can have the bros team up in and out of battle to traverse and take on enemies. As well as challenges. You also go to a dream world and Dream Luigi helps you as Mario to face the challenges there.

These are just a few suggestions it has a lot of great titles that Eshop chose which ever you like. You'll end up enjoying any of them I think.

Cayla Mills

Board footer