Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 05, 2009 10:46 AM

TehPurpleDragon
Gems: 0

This marks the turning point.

The ETD was at least the original spyro. This game marks the official downfall in my opinion. In this, they screwed up all the characters, voices, ect.  mad

Who agrees?

#2 Nov 05, 2009 5:36 PM

Aceedwin

Re: This marks the turning point.

ETD was too awful to be ranked among the insomniac games. The moment Insomniac sold Spyro, that's when the originals died. The following were imitations. AHT was a decent imitation, but it still wasn't good enough to be ranked among the classics. ETD was the turning point in my opinion.

#3 Nov 05, 2009 9:14 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

They totally screwed up the characters. Since when is Spyro vain? And Hunter...COOL?! What the...?!

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#4 Apr 11, 2010 1:18 PM

spyromaster330

Hmm, in some ways I guess that this is the turning point, because of the way that they changed the Spyro and a few other characters looks and personalities, but I would say that ETD was more of a turning point for the series, because it is much to horrible to be ranked with the original games.

#5 May 22, 2010 11:33 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

I strongly disagree.  I think maybe some people are married to the overall characteristics of the cast in the insomniac games.  EtD sucked and ATH was a massive improvement.  Brilliant colors and smooth detail that resembled Jak and Daxter.  It's also one of the largest Spyro games in terms of length of time to complete.

I think ATH is the more under-appreciated game in the franchise and it's all thanks to EtD.  Most people probably made up their mind about the game before they even played it, and if they even bought it.

The turning point here would not be the fall of Spyro, it happened in EtD.  AHT's turning point aimed the franchise in a higher direction if you ask me.

#6 Jun 20, 2010 10:21 PM

JazzJackrabbit

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#7 Jun 21, 2010 1:36 AM

bacon

Enter the Dragonfly, although the gameplay was nearly similar, it was, in a nutshell, crap. A hero's tail did CHANGE A LOT, but at least the characters looked the same and there is still collectables. Shadow Legacy really didn't count as a Spyro game. It's like, Spyro RPG. But ANB and the other legend of spyro's WAS the turning point. The characters didn't look the same, a lot of characters were dropped and added. They didn't sound the same or have the same personalities. They were just bad.

#8 Mar 15, 2013 12:32 PM

ccrogers15
Website

*Bump*

Heros tail felt like a mini reboot. While many characters were brought back and mentioned, all voice actors, designs and music from past games were removed.
This was pretty much the first reboot.

Basically, the reboot would be the Hero Trilogy, which spanned Heros Tail, Orange, and Shadow Legacy.

Board footer