You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 08, 2010 9:25 PM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

Contest Suggestions

Any idea for a contest? Post it here and ill make it possible. They must be Spyro based.

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#2 Jan 08, 2010 9:44 PM

Aceedwin
Gems: 0

Re: Contest Suggestions

A conceptually-based contest, the aim being to design something new to pontentially add to the series.

In other words, a contest to see who can come up with the best gimmick.

#3 Jan 22, 2010 9:33 PM

dragon protector x
Website

Ok then.... we have 1 idea.... no one else?

#4 Jan 22, 2010 9:41 PM

DarkFury

How about a contest to see who can get all of the achievements in DOTD the fastest? If you already did then make a new profile and do it again. (this idea sucks but idc. I had nothing better) XP

#5 Jan 22, 2010 9:55 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

I was thinking about best flight times on StD/RR/YotD... but that sounds pretty easy and common. I tried to do this, though, but I didn't get many reactions... sad

Another good one can be finishing a/some level(s) without killing enemies, getting gems or Dragons/Eggs/orbs as fast as possible. But those two are only in the classics...

For TLoS, I would suggest to do something with either speed or restrictions, like a time trial or completing a goal without armor or without getting hit, etc.

In common, you can probarbly think of anything... dunno.

I find Time Trials always pretty challenging. The problem is, though, that you need to record/take a picture of things to prove it. Now with skateboarding/flight challenges this is not hard. However, some people don't want to use their video recorder or whatever. To be honest, I'm not full of contest ideas, and I won't get them soon either. I'm practically thinking of these things in comparison to KH358/2 challenges (SP.), which I like. So it's pretty difficult... oh, well, maybe this gives some ideas...

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#6 Jan 25, 2010 9:53 PM

dragon protector x
Website

Interesting. Well sadly the PS3 doesn't have trophies or achievements in Dotd, so it could limit others out. But i like the idea. The only problem is for the longest flight and beat a level with out killing or taking damage is also good, but they would have to film it instead of posting saying they did. What we cold do is have a comic contest on who can write the funnest Comic, and as an added bonus if you Draw the comic with the Words you get bonus Gems.

Awesome ideas so far ^.=.^ I suppose if people could Post or Pm me or something i could start a contest with those video requirements like survival or something.

#7 Jan 25, 2010 9:59 PM

DarkFury

how can I film my TV screen anyway? Is there a special camera that can do that without getting lines though the view??

#8 Jan 25, 2010 10:28 PM

dragon protector x
Website

There are people who buy micro chips that they can add to their Concsles to record exactly on screen, or you can have a regular video camera set up to record the screen.

#9 Jan 25, 2010 10:32 PM

DarkFury

I thought that the recorded video has lines on it though. How much would one of those chips cost? Im guessing beastly.

#10 Jan 26, 2010 6:38 AM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

I'll see if I can find another solution. I'm not an expert in drawing, ya know, and up to now I've seen valentine and comic... xD Not that I don't like it, but the chance that I participate gets smaller, since I'm better at the game itsself than drawing elements of them wink

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#11 Aug 01, 2010 11:19 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#12 Aug 17, 2010 8:37 PM

GingaDensetsuWeed5567

Make a drawing contest for spyro!!!!!!!

- Kristen

#13 Oct 02, 2010 7:39 PM

JazzJackrabbit

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#14 Dec 22, 2010 4:25 AM

flipflops

I have new contest ,I am working on it after doing it I will tell the idea.

probably a spambot

#15 Jan 18, 2011 1:46 PM

Mad Dragon

How about a Simple Level Design Contest? The Admin or the Contest Runners give a plot about the a game that could be made about Spyro. It is simply a General Outline of what the game is about or basic pieces of information (Enemies, Allies, What the objective of the whole game would be) as this would allow People to freely either base it on TLoS Series or the Original Insomniac Games.

It is then up to everyone else who wishes to enter to design ONE Level that could be in the Game.

The Levels would have to be extremely descriptive and maybe fit a certain Word Count while sticking with the Theme of Spyro

It would be a great idea for a contest I think but it would also offer the opportunity for the whole forum to tell each other what they would have done with the Spyro Series had they been given the opportunity to design one.

#16 Jul 06, 2011 12:30 AM

bauer5152

This is a spambot. Please disregard anything it says.

Board footer