Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 12, 2009 12:53 AM

dragonball06
Gems: 0
Birthday: 6 April

Jak & Spyro: When Heroes Collide

THIS IS MY FANFICTION STORY INSPIRED BY TWO OF MY MOST FAVORITE GAME HEROES.  IT TAKES PLACE AFTER SPYRO’S ADVENTURE IN DAWN OF THE DRAGON, AND INTERCONNECTS WITH THE STORY IN JAK 2, WHERE JAK IS CURRENTLY HAVING HIS OWN ADVENTURES IN HAVEN CITY. SOME SIMILARITES AND SOME DIFFERENCES OF JAK 2 WILL BE NOTICED IN THIS STORY, I TRIED ALTERING IT A LITTLE SO WE COULD COMFORTABLY FIT THE TWO HEROES TOGETHER.  TWO HEROES AND TWO DESTINIES COLLIDE IN A NEW REFURBISHED ADVENTURE STARRING EVERYONES FAVORITE PURPLE DRAGON AND CHOSEN HERO, SPYRO AND JAK!

This is my first fanfiction story ever, so I hope I did a good job.

I'll be posting one chapter at a time on a regular basis, that way I can finish the story on my own time.

I've always had my own idea of what would happen if my two favorite game heroes shared an adventure...

Jak and Daxter team up with Spyro the Dragon in this brand new adventure  When Heroes Collide

Prologue

It has now been two months since Spyro and Cynder saved their world from the evil clutches of the Dark Master, Malefor.  Everyone is now enjoying their new era of peace, and Spyro and Cynder are enjoying a new romance (Much to Sparx’s dismay).

But as one adventure ends, another begins, as the young purple dragon is about to embark on a brand new journey, one that will take him across space to a whole new world, and come face to face with a new threat just as dangerous as Malefor, and a new hero who is as legendary as he is.

Two worlds and two destinies collide in a brand new adventure

JAK & SPYRO WHEN HEROES COLLIDE

Ch 1 Into the Woods
Setting Dragon Realms Dragon Shores Beach
Time May 24, 2408

It was a beautiful day at the warm beaches of Dragon Shores, waves were splashing, birds were singing, the sun was shining, and the sounds of joy and laughter could be heard from a group of four friends who were enjoying splashing in the warm beach waters, and they couldn’t have picked a better spot.

It was an unusual group though, at least to the typical human’s eye, two of the four had wings, horns and scales, they were dragons, one purple, one black, and the only two dragons to have survived the last Year of the Dragon ritual.

Another was a little glowing orb, much like a firefly, except he found that term insulting.

The last was a walking cheetah, who wore golden robes, a long red cape, and carried a bow and arrow.

The dragons splashed each other in the face with water, and enjoyed every moment it.

“Come on Spyro, is that all you’ve got?” asked the black dragon.

“Cynder baby, I haven’t even begun to splash!” replied the purple dragon.

The two teenage dragons kept hitting each other with waves of water, and eventually tired out. “Huff, Huff …okay, maybe we should take a breather… huff,” said Spyro. “Just for a teensy sec-“ He never finished, because Cynder leapt out of the water and landed on top of him, and they tossed and turned in the cool water until the waves brought them to shore.

“Got ya again purple boy.” Cynder said, giggling a little bit.

“You always get me when I’m open.” Spyro replied happily.

“Your such an easy target for me to pounce,” she said with a smirk, “Or tickle.”  She immediately got under his forearms with her talons and started tickling his most vulnerable area.  “nonono,heeheehaahaaahaaa! Cynder come on! Hehehaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa! come on stop! Please! HAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

---

On the shore, the scene was being witnessed by the other two figures on the beach.  The dragonfly spoke to the cheetah who was sitting at the base of a palm tree, “There they go again, Arrggh! Come on Hunter! Why don’t you do something, she’s out of control!”

“Relax Sparx, they're just having fun, they deserve some time together.”

“You said that last week, and the week before, and the week before, don’t you think they have spent enough time together?” Hunter grinned and eyed the glowing little bug, “Sounds like somebody is starting to get a little jealous.”

Sparx shot out “What! Me? Jealous? No way! I just can’t stand seeing my brother like this, all over that evil black she-dragon of doom!”

“From this perspective, she’s all over him, and besides Cynder is our friend, it’s been months since the fight against the Dark Master, and your still stuck in the past, a past three years in the making I should say!” Hunter informed the envious dragonfly.

“Yeah, and it’s nearly been a week since they came back to us at the Dragon city, when they have already been gone for nearly two months!  Don’t you think they spent enough time together then?!”

Hunter only shook his head at Sparx’s outrageous, yet somewhat amusing behavior.

Sparx hung his head in his hand and said, “oohh forget it, you don’t just don’t understand.” He then flew away down to beach to find some insects for a quick snack, but not before catching in the corner of his eye the sight of Cynder and Spyro’s heads getting close to each other, he immediately turned his head and buzzed away, shaking his head in irritation.

---

“Spyro,” Cynder said calmly.
“Yes Cynder?” Spyro asked as he gazed into her gorgeous emerald green eyes, those eyes were her crowned jewel in his opinion, thinking back to the first time he looked into those eyes after the fight with Malefor, he couldn’t turn away from them, and it was at that moment he expressed his true feelings for the beautiful black dragoness, after she expressed hers at the planet core.

“I’m glad to be spending these precious moments with you.”

“As am I.” answered her purple hero.

Cynder rested her tired head on Spyro’s chest, while having her arms and left wing wrapped around him.  Both their bodies were soaked from playing in the ocean but Spyro didn’t care, he couldn’t be more happier than he was now, with no more crazy enemies or evil masters to fight, he was living in an era of peace, spending it with his beloved black dragoness, and he wouldn’t trade this moment for anything.

Cynder moved her head a little closer to Spyro’s.

“You know, I can’t even remember a time when we were fighting apes and grublins and orcs to save the world.”

Spyro replied, “Neither can I, life is good, and were living it to the fullest, together.”  Cynder eyes then met Spyro’s, and she said, “this perfect moment isn’t complete yet, it’s missing one thing,” she said smiling.  Spyro smiled too and asked, “And that would be wh-“  Again he was cut off as Cynder gave him a long passionate kiss, their tails wrapped together, and Spyro felt his feelings surge through the roof.  He never got tired of having Cynder so close to him, the thought of her away from him was unbearable to him, he loved her, as she loved him.  As Cynder broke the kiss, Spyro heard someone chuckle behind him, both dragons turned and saw Hunter trying to hide his amusement from seeing them make out.

Spyro blushed with embarrassment,  “Maybe we should have done that when Hunter wasn’t looking.”

Cynder nuzzled him. “Aw let him look, you know he’s just happy that were happy, that we finally understand how we feel about each other.”

“I guess your right,” Spyro said, but he still felt a little discomfort being seen making out with his girlfriend by his best friend.  It was then he thought of a idea that seemed to appear in the blink of an eye.

“Hey, you up for a stroll through the woods?”

“Sure!”

Cynder let Spyro up, and the two dragons walked over to their striped friend.  “Having fun you two?” Hunter asked in a teasing manner.  Spyro face was still a little red, but he just blurted out, “Sure! Sure! Sure we are! Why wouldn’t we be? I mean it’s such a nice day, and the water’s so warm, and…and…” he ran out of compliments.  Cynder just rolled her eyes and smiled at her boyfriend’s goofy behavior.

Spyro finally started to gain control over himself, and said more calmly, “Hey uh Hunter, me and Cynder are going for a walk through the forest, so tell Sparx will be back soon, Okay? I know how he gets.”

“Sure friend, go and enjoy yourself.”

He turned to Cynder and gave her a wink, she nodded and immediately turned Spyro over, “Race you in handsome! Last one is a rotten ape!”  She giggled and jumped over Spyro and raced into the forest.  Hunter laughed and said, “Looks like she got you again.”  Spyro quickly got to his feet and replied, “You won’t get away that easily beautiful!” He quickly dashed after her.  All alone now, Hunter smiled, laid back against the palm tree and thought to himself, 'ah young love.'  He let out a big sigh as the spiky tree bark massaged his rather tense back muscles.

---

Sparx had found a nice ant hill by a big tree just a few yards away from the beach.  He was hoarding them down like there was no tomorrow.  Until finally he laid down on a rock with a full stomach, happy as a lark. He thought, Oh yeah, that was excellent, simply an all you can eat buffet.  Suddenly, he felt like something was coming back up, he covered his mouth and prepared for the worst… BUUURRRRRPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

“Ahhhhhhhh,” he sighed with relief.

Suddenly, he heard something move in the trees, he turned around, and sure of it, there was his brother Spyro, and that evil black she-dragon Cynder running through the forest together.  “Oh brother, I just can’t stand this!  Them all happy and prancing around without a care in the world, what about me?  Has Spyro, my own brother forgotten about me?”  Suddenly, a look of seriousness crossed his face, “That’s it, I’m going to give that evil sneaky little black she-witch a piece of my mind!”  He immediately flew after them.

---

Cynder was just keeping inches away from Spyro, but he was gaining quickly.

“Your lucky were in the trees, you wouldn’t have gotten this close if we were flying!”

“Yeah? Well then I’ll just have to pick up the pace!”

Spyro then focused on himself, looked deep within to find his ancient powers, and then, only ignited one spark, and then…WOOOOOSSSHH! Spyro’s body was surrounded in fire, but not as much as he would use in battle, but enough to pick up speed.

“Hey, unfair!” Cynder complained

Spyro only smiled, and leapt into the air, and landed on top of her, and they rolled and rolled along, until it seemed they were rolling down a cliff.  They tumbling and tumbling, until the cliff finally leveled out, and the tumbling twosome ended with Cynder on top of Spyro. “Figures” he said.  Cynder smiled, rubbed his muzzle and said, “Sorry, but you’ll have to do better next time.”

“Ohh, I doubt I’ll do that again, I think my brain shifted during the fall”

“Oh, are you okay?” Cynder asked concerned.

Spyro just smiled and held his head, then slowly opened his eyes back up. “Don’t worry, I’m fi—“  He stopped in the middle of his sentence, then opened his eyes in shock.

Cynder looked puzzled, “What is it Spyro?”

“Turn around Cynder”

She turned and couldn’t believe her eyes.

Everyone has a purpose...
and everyone has a choice...

It's up to us to make the right one

#2 Mar 14, 2009 1:33 AM

dragonball06

Re: Jak & Spyro: When Heroes Collide

#3 Mar 14, 2009 6:42 AM

Dimensional spyro

I'm enjoying it! Very good! Can't wait till Jak shows up......

Every Great Light has its Great Shadow...I am no exception...
Ignore me will you...
heh, heh when you turn your back your life will be over...

#4 Mar 14, 2009 4:13 PM

dragonball06

#5 Mar 17, 2009 9:55 PM

dragonball06

#6 Mar 18, 2009 6:39 AM

Jackson117

You submitted the same chapter

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#7 Mar 18, 2009 2:47 PM

MarioSpyro

#8 Mar 18, 2009 9:48 PM

dragonball06

Sure, go right ahead mario,  nobody is stopping you from writing.  No one is stopping me, so I'm finishing it.  My story is basically my opinion of a different version of Jak 2...edited so that it includes Spyro and his friends, with a few twists of my own to make the adventure more exciting.  So I'd like to see your opinion of a mario and spyro adventure, good luck! And thanks for the support!

#9 Mar 18, 2009 9:50 PM

dragonball06

#10 Mar 21, 2009 7:19 PM

dragonball06

Here's chapter 5, this is when things really heat up!

Enjoy!

Ch 5 Praxis

Spyro slept for a full half hour, then started to open his eyes and yawned. “Good sleep Spyro?” Cynder asked.  “Yeah, short, but good, anything new happen?” Sparx answered, “Nope, still in jail…still in trouble…still a good possibility that we won’t live to see another day.” Spyro shook his head and said, “Relax Sparx, we’ve been through worse then this, I promise we will find a way out.”
“Whatever you say man.”
“Keep positive, Spyro is right, we just need to keep a clear head,” said Cynder.  “Positive, huh? Then I’m positive we’re doomed and we won’t find a way out of here without having our heads shot off,” he said softly. The two dragons rolled their eyes at his bickering, but then turned their gaze to the red guard standing watch.  Spyro noticed he was holding one of those metal sticks, and decided to figure out more.  He walked over to corner of his cell closest to the guard and asked, “What is that thing?”
The guard turned and said, “What?”
“That thing, that metal stick you have in your hand.”
“What, this? It’s a gun, you’ve never seen a gun before?”
“Nope.”
“You vermin are definitely not from around here if you have never a gun before.”
Sparx was suddenly stoked and asked cheerfully, “Does that mean you’ll let us go?”
“NO!”
Sparx happiness turned to depression and flew back, “Worth a try,” he said to Cynder. She just shook her head.
“What’s a gun? Some kind of weapon?”
”Of course! What you don’t have weapons where you’re from?”
“We have bows, arrows, crossbows and catapults.”
“Hah! That’s old fashioned stuff, your primitive.”
Cynder narrowed her eyes, it sounded like he was insulting them.  Spyro asked another question, “So your guns shoot electricity?” Remembering what happened to him and Cynder back at the armored vehicle.
“When we want them too.”
“Cool”
“Yes, Yes, it’s very cool,” said the guard starting to get a little annoyed.
Cynder rolled her eyes and smiled at Spyro, he sure had a way of striking a conversation, even with the enemy.  Spyro asked again, “Can your guns do anything else? Shoot fire, or ice, or…”
“ENOUGH QUESTIONS!!!” The guard fumed. Cynder narrowed her eyes at him, Sparx kept his distance while Spyro attempted to stay calm.
“MY JOB DOES NOT INCLUDE HAVING SMALL TALK WITH VERMIN!! THAT INCLUDES METALHEADS, UNDERGROUND SCUM, AND WHATEVER YOU ARE!!!”
Spyro leaned back a bit from him and said, “I just wanted to know if your guns can shoot anything else.”  The guard twitched with anger and growled, then pulled a switch on his gun and aimed at the shield and pulled the trigger.  Spyro, Cynder and Sparx all jumped as a loud BANG erupted from the gun and a red streak of energy erupted from the small hole in its front.  It collided with the shield and sizzled out.
“There, happy?!”
Spyro, Cynder and Sparx kept their eyes wide open in astonishment to the power of these weapons. Finally, Spyro said, “Y-Yes.”
“Good, now keep quiet!” He turned away.
Cynder walked over to Spyro’s side and said, “We best not anger them anymore, it seems guys have much stronger artillery then Malefor’s army.”
Spyro agreed, “Obviously, I’ve never seen firepower like that.”

Jak crawled around for nearly 20 minutes, trying to find what he was looking for. So far every grate opening they came to had nothing unusual, except for some Krimzon guards having a wrestling party, which both Jak and Daxter thought was ridiculous.  They rounded a corner, and saw light coming from another grate further up.  “Let’s check this one out.”
“I got a better idea…let’s just get out of here, this is the seventh one we’ve checked, and I’m sure it’s empty too.”
Jak just ignored his companions complaining and continued crawling.  As the two of them reached the grate, they peeked out and saw something else instead of nothing. Across the hallway was a huge electric containment cell, more securely equipped then the other cells in the prison.  But the cell wasn’t what caught Jak’s attention, it was what was inside.  Two lizard like creatures with wings, one was black with violet wings, and the other was purple with orange wings.  There was also something glowing near the back of the cell, but Jak couldn’t make it out.  Daxter mouth dropped open, and Jak said, “Care to rephrase that?”
“Shut it, so there was something after all, it doesn’t mean we have to save them, they are animals we have never seen before, so who knows if their friendly? Besides look, there’s a guard there, and I don’t see anyway we can lower that shield without raising the alarm.”
“We’ll find a way, just stay low and keep your voice down.”

---

“GUARD! Are the prisoners awake?” a deep voice asked.
“Yes Baron Praxis, they are ready to talk.”
Spyro’s eyes lit up as he looked over to the cell’s corner, the large guy from the palace was coming down the hall, accompanied by the skinny tattooed man.  Behind the grate high on the wall, Jak clenched his teeth and fists in anger, these two had put him through two years of torture in this prison, and he wanted nothing more than revenge on them.  Daxter pulled his ear and whispered, “No, not right now Jak, I know we hate these guys and wanna get them, but if we make a move now, we’ll be sitting ducks, so for the love of all that’s good, stay calm!” Jak struggled to regain control of himself, he could feel an inner presence telling him to attack, but breathed heavily and sighed.

---

Praxis looked at the two dragons with a interested stare, and the two dragons just stared at him with a look of seriousness while the glowing dragonfly hid behind his friends.  “Well..Well, it seems there are more unusual creatures lurking around these city streets I was unaware of, hostile ones no doubt, after I heard what happened to my guard.”

Cynder spoke up, “They were easy to beat, your guards fighting skills are sloppy, lardball.”
Spyro and Sparx snickered at her remark.  The baron growled, “Why you little scaly abomination! How dare you!”
The skinny guy pointed his gun toward her and said, “You had better watch your tongue cretin! We have so many methods of torture that will make you wish you were dead!
Sparx shivered.
“You don’t know who your dealing with lizard vermin.”
“Well then, why don’t you tell us who you are Bigfoot,” said Spyro.
The baron’s face turned red with rage and shouted, “Watch it smart mouth! I am Baron Praxis, the ruler of this great metropolis Haven City, and I will decide your fate!”
“Please, I’ve beaten bad guys even bigger then you, and your even stupider than they are if you think you can keep us here.”

Both the baron and the skinny guy growled, and Praxis said, “You have no idea what horrors I’m capable of, so you had better show respect if you want to live…longer.”
Both Spyro and Cynder narrowed their eyes at the baron while Sparx stayed behind Spyro.  “I didn’t come here to listen to you vermin insult me, I know you creatures had something to do with that anomaly earlier, so I came here for answers, what are you, and where are you from?!

Spyro and Cynder looked at each other, kept silent for a moment, then Spyro said, “We’re dragons, haven’t you ever heard of dragons before?”
Both the baron and his men had bewildered looks on their faces. Up in the grate, Jak heard everything, he and Daxter exchanged puzzled expressions, they too we’re at a loss what a dragon was.

The baron spoke, “What is a dragon? Tell me!”
“I’ll take that as a no,” said Cynder, “Well in terms you can understand, we’re big lizards who can fly and breathe fire, or is that too much to take in?”
The baron shot her an irritated look.  Then the skinny guy spoke, “Do we really care what they are sir? They have attacked our troops and our city, they’re a menace and must be destroyed!”

Spyro spoke up, “Hey we didn’t plan on coming here in the first place, it was a mistake!”
“A mistake you will highly regret dragon…Commander, keep them alive for now, they could be useful.  They have big mouths yes, but their strength is impressive, I would like to see how dark eco experimentation will do on these creatures.  So until then, keep them locked in here, unharmed.”
“As you wish”
“Thank you for cooperating, Commander Erol here will decide your fate later.” With that, Baron Praxis walked down the hallway and disappeared.
Erol turned to the guard, “Keep an eye on these two, if they try anything, stun them until they drop, don’t kill them, I’ll deal with that.” Then he turned to the dragons and said, “Sit tight vermin, I’ll be back later.” With that, he walked away, laughing. Spyro and Cynder kept their angry gaze on him until he vanished, then Sparx came out from behind Spyro relieved.
“Boy, friendly bunch aren’t they?” he said.
“I’d rather not stick around here to see what they’ll do to us, we need to get out of here.”
“But how can we Spyro?” asked Cynder. “We’re sealed in, and the guard must have the key, what do we do?”  Spyro was at a loss, he couldn’t back up his words, he was unsure how to deactivate the shield, he could only think of one solution someone was going to have to help from the outside.

#11 Mar 23, 2009 9:54 PM

dragonball06

How are you liking the story? I would like to know from anyone who is reading!

Here it is...the moment of truth...Spyro and Jak team up!

Ch 6: Heroes Unite!

Jak and Daxter heard everything, they both kept irritated looks until Erol had left, but then turned their attention to the two dragons in the cell.  Jak was somewhat impressed with them, their appearance seemed to spark something inside him, but he was more satisfied of how they rattled the Baron mentally, he nearly burst out laughing at every insult they made to him, but contained it so he wouldn’t be noticed.  He turned to Daxter and said, “Alright, now’s our chance, let’s spring em!”
“What?! Didn’t you hear anything they said, they’re dragons! Huge scaly monsters with claws that can breathe fire! Plus, they way they look just freaks me out.”
“You overreact to everything Dax, I heard they only attacked the Krimzon guard, and any enemy of the Baron is a friend of mine. Besides, we’ve seen metalheads bigger than these two.”
Daxter just said softly to himself, “That’s true.”
“So come on! Time for action!”
He grabbed his gun from his back and equipped it to blaster, then prepared to kick the grate open. “Wait…Wait…Wait! Jak!” Too late, Jak kicked the grate open and it fell to the floor with a clang.

-----

The guard immediately turned, as did Spyro and Cynder, wondering what happened.  Sparx pointed up and said, “Look!” A young man with long light hair with green tint in a blue battlesuit jumped from the grate and turned to the guard.  The guard shouted, “YOU!” he immediately started shooting at him, the blue fighter kept rolling to the side, avoiding his blasts. After five shots, the guard ran out of ammo, and the blue fighter fired his gun. A pop sounded as a yellow streak erupted from the gun and hit the guard dead in the chest. He was sent flying back and fell dead.  Spyro and Cynder looked at the fighter with astonishment, it was obvious this guy knew how to fight.  He turned his head toward the two dragons, Sparx dove behind Spyro’s neck as Spyro and Cynder looked at him with curiosity.

Finally he spoke up, “Hang on, I’ll get you out.”  Spyro and Cynder opened their eyes wide, he wanted to help!
The fighter walked over to the dead guard, picked a card attached to his belt then placed it on some sort of metal scanner next to the cell.  There was a weird WHOOOOOO sound as the shield disappeared.  Spyro and Cynder were speechless and stood still.  The blue fighter spoke again, “Well come on, I’d rather we get out of here before more Krimzon guards arrive.” The two of them finally came to their senses and walked out of the cell.  They stared at this stranger who appeared out of nowhere and saved their lives.
“You two alright?” he asked.
Spyro finally spoke, “Uh…yeah…thank you.”
“No problem, any prisoner of Praxis is a friend in my book.”
Spyro smiled, it was clear this guy was a friend, and not a foe.
Cynder asked, “Who are you?”
“Jak…Call me Jak, I’m an agent of the Underground.”
“Underground?” asked Spyro.
“It’s a secret rebel group rebelling against Baron Praxis.”
“Rebel? So you mean fighters?” Spyro asked again.
“Of course, I can immediately tell you aren’t from around here…heck…I’ve never even seen your kind before.”
“Well we’ve never seen your kind before either.” Cynder stated.
“What are you exactly?” Spyro asked.
“I’m a human…but we’ll get the full story straightened later, first we better get out of this rat hole.”

“Good idea” said a small voice.
Jak asked, “Who was that?”
”Me” Sparx came out of hiding from behind Spyro’s neck. Cynder said smiling, “So you finally decided to join us.”
“I was waiting for the right moment, I’ll have you know doomgirl!”
Cynder narrowed her eyes in irritation.  Jak stared at this little flying insect that could talk. “Dude,” he said, “You’re a talking bug.”
Sparx shot a annoyed glance at this stranger who supposedly saved them, “Watch it buddy, I’m smart enough to know when I’m being insulted.”
“Okay sorry.”
Spyro stepped in, “Okay, moving on, didn’t you say we should get out of here first?”
Jak said, “Right, let’s go!”
He started leading the dragons down the hallway, but first stopped under the grate from which he entered.  The dragons stopped as well.
“Hold on,” he told them then called into the hole. “Daxter, you can come out now, it’s safe!”
The dragons were puzzled that he was talking to a grate, but soon they heard a loud somewhat squeaky voice call out from it.
“Are you crazy Jak?! I’m not coming out, especially with those huge death lizards you let loose!”
Spyro and Cynder shot Jak a bewildered look.  He saw the looks on their faces and shrugged, and turned his attention back to his frightened friend and said, “They won’t bite, now come out of there!”
“Not gonna happen! I’d like to keep my fur on my body, thank you very much!”
Jak was losing patience, he turned to the dragons.  “Help me out here, huh? Tell him you won’t hurt him.”  Spyro nodded and walked over to the wall and looked up, “We won’t hurt you, we promise.”
Sparx interrupted, “Although the female could throw a temper and try to flatten you.”  Cynder angrily narrowed her eyes at him in irritation, as did Spyro, “Sparx, quiet, your not helping.”
“Just trying to be honest.”
Spyro ignored him and turned to the grate again.  “Don’t worry, we are not here to hurt people, we just want to find a way back home.”
“It’s true!” added Cynder.
Jak re-entered the talk, “Come on Dax, trust me, we can trust them.”
“Ohh, alright, I’m coming down.”  The little ottsel crawled to the edge of the grate and looked down.  Spyro and Cynder looked at him a bit surprised, so did Sparx, “your friend is a rat?” he told Jak.  Daxter heard him and immediately jumped down onto Jak’s shoulder.  “Hey, glowboy! Watch it, I’ve eaten bigger bugs then you without choking!”
“Oh yeah? Then I’m surprised you haven’t choked!”
“Hey! I do the jokes around here, got it?”
“No!”
“Well you should!”
“Oh yeah?”
“Yeah!”
“Oh no…not another one,” Cynder muttered.  Spyro and Cynder looked at each with aggravation and shook their heads, they now had two annoying babblemouths to put up with.  Jak ended their argument.  “Knock it off, I’d rather not start a fight as a first impression.”
“We need to get out of here, now,” said Spyro.
“This way.”
Jak led all the way to the end of the hall, passing rows of cells, all the way to a barred door at the end.  Spyro then asked, “Hey, you said your name is Jak? Right?”
“That’s right, and this orange little knucklehead is Daxter.”
Daxter shot him a look.
“I’m Spyro, this is Cynder, and the little glowing dragonfly is Sparx.”
Cynder entered the discussion, “Thanks again for helping us.”
Jak said with a friendly smile, “No problem, it’s great to meet you guys.” The two dragons smiled back at their new ally, whereas Sparx and Daxter turned away from one another. 

Jak saw them and said, “I can see were going to get along just great.”
The three heroes chuckled.  “Come on, we need to break this door down here and from there is a straight shot out of this place.”
The dragons moved ahead quickly, anxious to leave.  They reached the door, and Cynder said, “Maybe there is a way out of here without making noise, is there a key for this door?”  Jak answered, “There’s a switch over on the wall, but we’d have to be on the other side to get it.”
Cynder just smiled and said, “Allow me.”
Jak and Daxter looked puzzled, but Spyro smiled back. Using her shadow abilities, Cynder phased through the bars and right onto the other side.  Jak and Daxter had freaked out expressions on their faces, Spyro saw them and laughed.  Cynder looked around, she was in another prison chamber, there were a few cells, but there was weird golden ring hanging on far wall and to her left, she saw what seemed to be some sort of torture seat.  She shivered at the sight of it, but turned over the switch on the wall and pushed a button.  The door opened with a clank and Spyro and Sparx walked out, Jak and Daxter were still frozen at the sight of Cynder phasing through the wall.  Jak looked over at Spyro and said, “She’s got skills.”
Spyro smiled and said, “You have no idea.”
“Thank you boys.”
She bowed as the two commented her actions.  Jak grinned and said, “Well, don’t get carried away, your going to need a lot more than those fancy tricks to survive in this town.”
“Oh yeah? Bring it on blue boy! I’m ready for anything!”
Spyro laughed at her nickname for Jak, “Blue-boy?”
“Hey, I give every hero a nickname purple boy.”
“Uh-thanks” said Jak, blushing a little.
Sparx interrupted, “Oh yeah? Then what’s my nickname? I’ve done plenty for you two!”
“I’ll let you know when I think of it,” she walked away smiling, leaving Sparx to ponder.
“I got my own nickname,” Daxter said, “I can’t decide between metalhead masher and orange lightning.”
Spyro and Jak exchanged annoyed looks, “We just met,” Spyro said, “and I already can tell we have a lot in common.”

Jak chuckled and got back on topic, “We need to crawl through that vent to get out of here,” he said, pointing to an opening on the wall above the cells.
“Let’s go!” said Spyro.  The group headed for the vent, but out of the corner of Jak’s eye he caught the torture chair, almost immediately there was a feeling of horror consuming him, he closed his eyes, visions were coming back to him, visions of pain, all the pain he experienced here were suddenly flashing before his eyes.  Suddenly he felt it again, that dark presence, this time emerging stronger than ever. “Aaaagggghhhh!!” Jak kneeled over, clutching his head. Daxter shouted, “Jak! What’s wrong buddy?!”  Spyro and Cynder turned and saw the scene.
“Jak, what’s wrong?” Spyro asked.
“Jak, are you okay?” Cynder followed.
Jak was breathing heavily, and Daxter saw a flicker in his friend’s eyes, and said, “Uh-oh.” He knew what happened to his friend when he got angry or frustrated.  He jumped off his shoulder and started moving backwards towards the dragons. Spyro asked, “Daxter, what’s wrong with him?”
“Just keep your distance, this could get ugly.”
Jak was still grasping his head, his arms and muscles tightened.  Spyro and Cynder took a step back, sensing something was wrong. Spyro then noticed his skin was turning a horrid shade of dark purple.
Sparx said with fear, “Okay he’s freakin me out!”
Daxter started to get pale, it looked like Jak was going to burst.

Finally, Jak calmed down and caught his breath and said, “Aa…aa… *huff*…I’m alright…I’m alright… *huff*.” He stood up, his skin returned to it’s normal hue.
Spyro asked concerned, “Are you sure?”
“Yes! Come on, let’s get out of here.” He immediately jumped up to the vent and disappeared into the shadows.  All three of them looked at Daxter perplexed, they were hiding something and they didn’t know it.  Before any questions, Daxter said, “He’s a just guy with a few anger issues, it’s nothing really.”  He said nothing more, and followed Jak into the vent.

The dragons followed the two of them close behind as they headed down a corridor, Sparx broke the silence and whispered to Spyro, “There’s something about the big guy which gives me the creeps, what happened back there?”
“I’m not sure Sparx, but I’m sure it’s his business and not ours so don’t ask about it.”
“Yeah well, I don’t trust that guy.”
“He freed us Sparx, who knows what would have happened to us if he didn’t find us, he’s a friend, and I trust him to get us out of here.”
Sparx was just silent.

They kept walking until they came to an open area, below, they could see an array of metal vehicles, more of Baron Praxis’s weapons apparently, Spyro thought.  Above, they could see another open passage to another corridor.
Jak said, “We need to get up there.”
“We’ll fly up, meet you up there.” He and Cynder started to take off.
Jak stammered, “Wait! Don’t…You’ll…
“ALERT PRISON ESCAPE IN PROGRESS!”
A loud beeping noise filled the room as Spyro and Cynder floated in midair, nearly freaked out by the alert sound.
“…trigger the alarm,” Jak finished.
“Sorry”
“No matter, I’ll meet you up with you, move, Move!”
Jak started jumping up the platforms to the passage with Daxter on his shoulder.  Spyro, Cynder and Sparx immediately flew up to the passageway, where they were greeted by a group of Krimzon guards!  “Look, those creatures have escaped! Shoot them!”
“Uh oh,” Sparx ducked for cover.  But before they could fire, Spyro shot a red hot flame out of his mouth which enveloped them in fire, they screamed as their armor melted away, burning their skin.  Cynder finished with a wind blast that sent them into a spiral, extinguishing the flames and knocking them out.

Jak finally caught up as he and Daxter reached the passage.  “Hey Spyro, Cynder, Are you guys…” He stopped when he saw burned guards scattered all over the floor.
“Yeah we’re okay,” Spyro finishing his sentence, smiling.
Daxter asked, “What the heck just happened?!”
Cynder answered, “We ran into some old friends.”
Jak complemented, “Nice, you guys are some amazing fighters, you could really help us with our fight against the Baron.”  The two dragons just smiled at each other and moved down the passageway.  The five of them were almost free when, “THERE THEY ARE! Up there!” Spyro and Jak looked through the holed metal floor and saw Krimzon guards preparing to fire.
Jak yelled, “MOVE!”

Shots were erupting from the floor like a deathtrap, as the five escapees ran as fast as they could, hoping they could get through without being hit. Cynder veered to one side to avoid one shot, Sparx was just trying to avoid any air hits, but after too many close calls, he grabbed onto Spyro.  Jak waited until everyone made it through unharmed, then they signaled them to follow him through a floor hatch.  Away from the Krimzon guard minefield, they finally took a chance to catch their breath.
“Okay…that was not fun!” exclaimed Sparx.
“Sorry to disappoint you pal, but it only gets worse,” said Daxter.
“Typical, things never get easier.”
“Come on, we’re almost free,” said Jak. They kept following the open path until they came to a corner. Jak stopped which caused the others to stop, he peeked around the edge and saw two more guards having a talk right near another floor hole.  “I’m getting tired of these guys,” said Spyro.
“Don’t worry, if we get through that hole, we’re home free.”
“What about the guards?”
“Leave them to me, Dax, stay here for a second.”
Daxter jumped off his shoulder and watched as his friend crept up on the two guards facing the other way.  They were having a little chat, unaware the prisoners had escaped, even with the alarm going off.

“I’ve been on duty for two days straight.”
“Don’t complain! I have sewer patrol next week.”
“Hehe, poor sucker, which commander did you tick off?”

“Next time can we guard the cells?!”
“If something interesting doesn’t happen soon, I’m gonna start shooting you.”

Spyro rolled his eyes, listening to these guys talk, in his opinion, these guys were more absent minded then the apes.  Jak had almost reached them.

“See anything?”
“No”
“Keep your eyes peeled.”

Suddenly, Jak grabbed their helmets and clanked their heads together as hard as he could. They fell over, out cold.  He called for the others to follow him into the hole.  As Sparx flew over the unconscious guards he said, “Way to keep your eyes peeled bucketheads!” Everyone laughed except Daxter who said, “I told you, I do the jokes around here!”  As he jumped back on Jak’s shoulder, Sparx just stuck out his tongue. The other three just rolled their eyes and jumped down the hatch.

They slid down a tube as they fell into the hole, and wound up in some old storage area, it was very leaky. “Oh great,” complained Sparx, “Now my wings are gonna get moldy.”  Spyro looked around, looking for a way out, until Jak tapped him on the shoulder. “Up there.” He pointed to a door up on the top of a ledge.  Spyro and Cynder smiled at each other and nodded to Jak as he and Daxter jumped up to the door.  Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx followed them out, to the outdoors and fresh air.  Spyro landed on the cold rough ground and stretched his legs and wings, he took a deep breath of air and sighed. It felt good to be out in the open again.  Cynder stretched her wings and legs as well, she too was glad to be free again.

“You guys happy to be out of that crate?” asked Jak.
“Yes!” exclaimed Cynder, “I never thought I’d miss the smell of the outdoors so much.”
“Me neither,” agreed Sparx, “it seems to me likes it’s been weeks since we were out in the open, although to me everything is wide open.”
“We couldn’t have gotten out of there without you, thanks,” Spyro said.

Jak just smiled at his new companion, “No problem, you guys are lucky the Underground let me know as soon as they saw you, otherwise you probably would have spent two years in there…like I did.” Jak looked at the ground frowning.  Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx looked at him with shocked expressions. Daxter on the other hand, hung his head with shame.

“You were locked in there for two years?” Spyro asked with shock.
“Yes, and I won’t let what Praxis did to me happen to anyone else!” he clenched his fists in anger.
Cynder asked, “What did he do to you?”
Jak turned away, “I’d rather not talk about it.”
Spyro looked at him with sorrow, this man had been through two years of torture in that awful prison, whereas a day was already too much for him.  Yet, still, this man came back to the place that nearly brought his end to save them, in his mind, Spyro thought to himself, ‘This guy is probably the bravest warrior I’ve ever met, next to Ignitus.’

Jak immediately pulled his head back up and said, “Come on, I’ll take you guys back to our hideout, I’m sure Torn would like to hear your story as I would, and we might be able to find a way to get you home.”  The dragons nodded and followed the brave fighter to a stray zoomer.  They climbed on board, he started the engines, and they flew off into the city away from the Krimzon prison and toward the Underground shelter.

#12 Mar 28, 2009 12:32 AM

dragonball06

I finally posted chapter 7...If you liked Jak and Spyro meeting, wait until you read what happens with Torn in this chapter.  Enjoy!

Again...Don't be afraid to comment!

Ch 7 The Underground 

Spyro and Cynder kept low to avoid being seen by pedestrians, they did not want to be caught again.  Jak turned and saw them crouched down and asked, “What are you doing?”
“Staying out of sight,” said Spyro, “you said these people have never seen our kind before and they gave us a scene when we first arrived.”
“Gotcha, but there’s no more need, were here.” Jak brought the zoomer to a landing inside the alley, next to another zoomer, a one seat BX-10.
“Wow, short trip,” said Sparx.  As the five of them walked to the secret door, Spyro asked, “What are these things?”
“What things?”
“These flying machines, like the one you brought us here in.”
“Their called zoomers, vehicles that can fly through the air…I guess you guys don’t know much about transportation, since you can fly everywhere.”
“Your right about that,” Spyro agreed.

Jak stopped at the secret door with the Underground, the black broken head sword symbol with green border.  The Sparx stared at it, it looked like nothing was here.  “A sign?” said Sparx. “You brought us all the way here to look at some stupid ugly sign?”  Daxter looked at Jak grinning, he didn’t realize how naïve the fly was.
“Sure looks that way, doesn’t it?” replied Daxter.
“I knew it! I knew it! Spyro! These guys want to hurt us! I knew we shouldn’t have trusted them! I knew there was something about the big guy I didn’t like! They brought us here for nothing! Absolutely…noth…ing.”
At that moment, Jak already tapped the secret spot, and the door was raising up.  Both of them then looked at Sparx, smiling and raising an eye as if he were waiting for Sparx to rephrase his statement.
“You were saying?”
“Never mind,” was his only statement.  Spyro and Cynder just shook their heads trying to resist the urge to laugh, while Jak escorted them down the stairs and to the second door. “Welcome to the Underground,” he said as the door flew up.
Spyro walked into a small room that seemed simple, yet cozy.  There was a burner, keeping the room warm, which made him feel comfortable.  He could see a small blue zoomer hanging on the right wall, and to the right of it was a drinking pipe.  He and Cynder were currently squeezed in a small walkway which was surrounded by bunkbeds.  Sparx said with a sigh, “aaahhh, we sleep good tonight.”  Spyro then turned his attention forward to Jak, who was having a conversation with another man behind a desk littered with a stack of papers.

“So, I see you came back in one piece,” said the other man.
“Don’t we always?” Daxter responded.
“You just keep pulling miracles out of your butts as far as I’m concerned, I take it your mission was a success?”
“I don’t know, why don’t you ask them?” said Jak, and stepped aside so he could see Spyro and Cynder.  The man opened his eyes wide open, Spyro and Cynder exchanged glances with him, then slowly approached, they looked at him with a feeling of uneasiness, his clothes were similar to the Krimzon guard, and his face was completely tattoed, though somewhat different from Erol, was this guy really a friend?
“Well, I see my slum agent wasn’t lying when he said he saw two lizard things get picked up by the Krimzon guard.
Spyro raised an eye, “Actually, were dragons, not lizards, though I doubt anybody else in this city knows what we are, since the Baron doesn’t know.”
“Oh sorry about that…dragons…huh?...well…ahem….Welcome to the Underground, I’m Torn, Commander of this movement.” He held his hand to shake.  Spyro looked at it for a moment, then smiled and shook it, “Great to meet you, my name is Spyro…uhhh…purple dragon from the dragon realms.”  Torn looked confused, “And where’s that?”
Cynder answered, “As of right now, were not sure.”
“Really, and you are?”
“You can call me Cynder, and this little glowing pest next to me is…”
“Sparx!” interrupted Sparx, “I can introduce myself, thank you very much doomgirl!...The name is Sparx sir, at your service.” He extended his hand to shake, Spyro and Cynder giggled a little, Torn eyed the little fly, and uneasily lifted a finger to the bug so he could shake it.  Jak and Daxter tried to hold back laughing at the fact that Torn was shaking hands with a bug.  Torn eyed them and immediately shook Sparx off of him.  Spyro then knew that Torn was an ally.
“Yes…Well, your lucky Jak found you when he did, not many people go into that fortress and come back out...alive.”
“So we’ve heard,” Spyro replied with a feeling of sorrow.

Torn continued, “I take it you’ve already met the Baron, I apologize for the rough welcome, the city is at war, and Praxis has the entire city in the toilet.”
“He obviously isn’t running the city with fair law,” Cynder exclaimed.
“It’s worse than that,” said Jak. “And more complicated,” Torn added.
“So let’s talk,” said Spyro. “We’ve got a lot of time on our hands, it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting back home anytime soon.”
“I’d like to give the whole story, but now’s not the best time,” he turned to Jak, “Jak, there is some trouble brewing outside the city the Shadow wants you to take care of.”
“What?!” he exclaimed.
Spyro asked in the middle of this, “Who’s the Shadow?”
Daxter jumped in, “We just got back from busting our butts in jail again, and you wanna send us out on another death defying mission?!”

“Our scouts have reported movement in Dead Town, creatures moving toward the sacred site, just as before,” said Torn.
Sparx randomly jumped into the conversation, “Okay…uh…what happened before?”
“Metalheads broke through the old city wall, we fought them…but then the Baron pulled back, leaving everyone outside the new barrier…to die.” Spyro and Cynder were disgusted, how heartless could this Praxis guy get? Taking people from the streets mercilessly, then leaving them to die?! In Spyro’s thoughts, Praxis sounded even more heartless than Malefor.  Torn continued, “Only the Shadow stayed, and somehow stopped the attack.”

Jak stepped in front of Torn with a stern look, “Oh, and now what? You expect us to go out there again?!”
Torn nodded, “Your catching on, if you prevent the metalheads from reaching the sacred site, the Shadow will be…most grateful…he might even ask to see you.”
“Again I ask,” Spyro intervened, “Who is the Shadow?”
“The leader of the Underground, I’m second in command next to him, only certain agents he calls on are privileged to meet him, not even Jak here has met him…yet.”  Spyro looked at Jak, who still had a stern look on his face.  “By the way,” Torn continued, “you might need this.”  He tossed some sort of metallic object at Jak, he caught in his hand.  Spyro and Cynder looked at it confused, until Jak stated, “A gun mod?”
“A Vulcan barrel to be precise, and trust me, your gonna need it, the reports have given that there’s some vicious metalheads out there.” Torn replied with a smirk.

“And what in the world are these metalheads you keep talking about?” Sparx finally asked. Torn replied, “Let’s just say they’re some nasty monsters living outside the city walls, trying to take control.”
Spyro replied, “creatures attempting to take control of a city…we’ve heard that one before.”
Jak said nothing else, and took out his own gun from his pack.  He placed the gun mod in a small compartment on the left side of it’s frame, there was a click, knowing it locked into place. Jak loaded it, and Spyro, Sparx and Cynder watched with amazement as Jak’s gun instantly transformed into something different, a heavy gun which Jak carried by his waist, they could see the mod locked into the bottom of it, which changed the gun’s nose into some sort of, roulette shooter.  Spyro also noticed blue cartridges sticking out of it’s top.  Jak smiled at Daxter, then at the two dragons saying, “Lock and load.”
“Cool,” was the only word out of Spyro’s mouth.

Torn spoke to the dragons, “Look, why don’t you two stay here, Jak can handle this and I’d rather not have you guys risk your lives against metalheads after facing the Baron’s…” Spyro spoke, “No, we’ll go with him.” Jak, Torn, Daxter, and even Sparx stared at him.
“What?”
“We owe Jak a debt, he saved us, and we’ll return the favor by helping him.”
Jak smiled back, but Torn stepped in looking concerned, “Look, I know you guys owe Jak one, but you don’t…”
“They’ll be okay Torn, I saw them take out a whole group of Krimzon guards in a flash, they’re real fighters, I think they can handle a few metalheads.”
Cynder stepped in, “Actually, I agree with Torn, we’d cause too much of a scene if were discovered in the city, and I don’t feel comfortable crouching low just to hide.” Spyro shrugged, she was right, if they were captured again, Jak’s efforts would be in vain.

Torn thought for a moment and then said, “You could always try concealing yourself with those.” He pointed to a rack of cloaks hanging by their hoods on one of the bed posts.  “That’s perfect! If they’ll fit…” said Spyro. He took 2 down and threw one to Cynder. Putting on the cloak was a little uncomfortable, they had to squeeze in their wings as tight as they could just they could slip through.  These weren’t the type of cloaks for a dragon.  Once they got through, they let their wings open a bit, just to ease stress and keep the cloak from ripping.  Daxter snickered a little at the sight of their wings stretching out the cloaks, “Yeah…no ones gonna notice that, heehee.”
“Watch it furball,” Cynder stammered, “I’m already ticked with Sparx, I don’t want to add you to the list.”
Daxter gulped.
Torn intercepted the conversation, “I’ll see if I can get you something better, but in the meantime, you guys keep on your toes, this city is pretty rough on newbies, and outside it, it only gets worse.”     
“Awww,” Sparx teased, “Tattoo man cares about us Spyro, how sweet.”
“Can it bugsy!” Torn shouted, “I just risked one of my best agents to free you, and it will be for nothing if you get yourself killed out there! Am I clear?”
Spyro and Cynder nodded with a little shock from his outbreak.  Sparx just stammered, “Uh…Got it.”
“Good, now get outta here!”
Spyro said, “We’ll be fine Sparx…come on Jak, let’s go.”

As they walked outside, Cynder immediately said, “Guy sure knows how to make a good first impression.”
Daxter replied, “Don’t take it personally blackie, he gave me and Jak the same lecture when we first arrived.”
“Are all the Underground fighters, or all the people in this city so bitter?” Spyro asked Jak.
“Only the fighters,” he answered, “Torn actually used to be a Krimzon guard, until he finally grew tired of the Baron and quit.”

“Torn, a Krimzon guard?” Spyro stated.
“That explains a lot, especially his sense of humor,” Sparx added.
“I said the same thing,” Jak said laughing a little, and the dragons joined in.
When they finished, Jak continued, “Don’t take Torn’s attitude too seriously, he’s a good guy, he’s just been through a lot of fighting, and seen a lot of people killed.” He finished as soon as they reached the zoomer.  Spyro and Cynder looked at each and frowned, “He’s not the only one,” Spyro said.

They all climbed aboard as Jak fired up the engines. Spyro and Cynder pulled up their hoods to hide their faces, and rolled their tails underneath their cloaks so they wouldn’t be noticed.  “Where too?” asked Spyro.  “The Dead Town security lock,” answered Jak, “At the eastern corner of the city.”  The zoomer lifted into the air and all five of them raced through traffic to the city’s northeastern corner, where the remains of Dead Town lay.  Little did they know, that the metalheads were preparing for them.

#13 Apr 09, 2009 12:53 AM

dragonball06

#14 Apr 09, 2009 2:26 PM

MarioSpyro

#15 Apr 10, 2009 7:39 PM

dragonball06

#16 Apr 12, 2009 1:18 AM

dragonball06

#17 Apr 12, 2009 2:36 PM

spyromaster330

Its really good! Keep it up! I think that you've captured the characters personalities perfectly, especially Daxter's Jak's and Spyro's. I can't wait for the next chapter.

#18 Apr 13, 2009 10:45 AM

ember_da_dragon
Birthday: 16 January

i like this so far! keep writing it

#19 Apr 13, 2009 2:35 PM

dragonball06

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm a little slow going right now, but with your help, I should be able to bounce back!

Ch 11: Hunter returns

As the group walked through the ruined building, they passed some old crumbling pillars that looked like they could fall any moment.  Dust was falling everywhere.  Jak beckoned everyone to move quickly.  They walked as swiftly as they could back out another door and into the open. 

They were five stories above the ground on an old walkway.  The left way led over a cliff, so they turned right, but when they rounded a corner, a huge metalhead pack sprang to attention and attacked.

Scorpions screeched, apes growled, and two orc metalheads roared.

“Figures we turn into more danger!”  complained Sparx.
“I just got one thing to say to you guys,” Jak told the metalheads.  He brought out his gun, equipped his Vulcan Fury, and narrowed his eyes.

“Eat lead!”

The metalheads roared and charged.  Jak fired out a furious shower of bullets, which blew all the scorpions off their feet and onto their side…dead.  The apes were taking a pounding, a few dropped but the rest were closing in behind their dead partners hides.  Spyro stepped up to fight, but Jak said, “No, I’ll take it from here.”

The apes were dropping, but the remaining two just covered themselves under their dead friends, having them take all the fire.  Jak just kept firing and firing until the clicking stopped.  Jak eyes widened, he pulled the trigger, but the barrel only spun, no bullets…no more ammo.

“Way to use it all at once genius!” Daxter shouted sarcastically. 

The last two metalheads sprung up suddenly to attack, knowing Jak’s gun was empty.  However, he quickly re-equipped his blaster mod and fired a shot which sent one metalhead flying back…dead.  He knocked the other one away with the butt of his gun, right into the wall.  He approached with his scatter gun to finish it.  The orcs screeched and curled their arms back…ready to fire.

Spyro yelled, “Jak look out!”

But before anyone could fire, the orc metalheads started yelling in pain.  One of them was clutching its throat, and the other was grabbing it’s chest, trying to pull something out.

“What’s wrong?” Cynder asked.

Spyro looked, and saw something was lodged into them.  The one metalhead toppled over…dead…it’s neck was bleeding a small puddle.  Spyro then noticed what was lodged…an arrow…one with a short shaft, and curved cock feathers with red streaks.  Spyro looked at the other one, he had just pulled another arrow from his chest, gasping in pain.  Spyro eyes then widened…he recognized those arrows!  But he couldn’t believe he was here! 

“Where did those come from?” asked Jak.
“An old friend” said Spyro.
Suddenly, a figure leaped down from the shadows and landed on top of the orc metalhead, stamping him into the ground.  The figure was dressed in red and golden robes with a hood.  His body appeared to resemble that of a cheetah, but he was standing on two legs.  He was carrying a quiver of arrows on his back and holding a bow in his hand.
“Where did that come from?!” Daxter asked mouth agape.
The figure grabbed an arrow from his quiver and thrust into the metalheads neck.  It screeched terribly…then died.  Jak and the others watched in amazement. 

The figure turned, cocking his retrieved arrow and aiming at the last metalhead Jak had knocked away.  With a quick WHOOOSH through the air, the metalhead was struck right between it’s eyes, and fell.  His expression then immediately changed from serious to relieved.  “It seems I arrived just in time, it’s good to see your all safe” he said as he flipped his hood, revealing his face.

“HUNTER!” shouted Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx together.

Jak and Daxter just said, “Who?”
Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx immediately flooded over to him, slapping him on the back as friends should. The dragons were so happy to see a familiar face, and glad to see their friend again.
“I don’t believe it…I mean…I can’t believe you’re here!” said Spyro completely speechless in the moment of shock.
“What are you doing here?” asked Cynder.
“How did you get here?” followed Sparx.
“I followed you,” Hunter started to explain. “After you guys left the beach a storm started swirling over the forest. I sensed a disturbance, so I rushed after you, hoping you weren’t caught in it.  When I emerged from the trees, I saw this huge graveyard, and in the center was this huge archway, with some sort of blue portal swirling in it.”

“That’s the portal we came here in.” Spyro stated.

“So I followed you in...then there was a brilliant flash of light followed by loud bang… I nearly blacked out.  Next thing I know, I’m waking up in these ruins.”

“Wait,” Daxter, “Didn’t we hear a bang go off earlier?”
“Yeah,” Jak agreed, “That explains it, you came through the same portal Spyro and Cynder came from.”

“Yes…and you are?” Hunter asked as looked upon these two strangers who appeared to be traveling with his best friends.
Spyro stepped in and said, “Hunter…this is Jak, he’s the first friend we have made here. He saved our lives. Jak…this is Hunter, an old friend from home.”

“Great to meet you,” Jak said as he extended his hand.
Hunter shook it and said, “Pleasures all mine.”
“Actually the pleasures all ours,” Daxter cut in, “Seeing how this is our world…were the ones whom the people of this city search to prosecute…the ones who…the ones who…uhhh”
Hunter eyed the strange little creature on Jak’s shoulder.

“Ignore Daxter, he’s always full of himself.”

“Yeah, so full I’m surprised he hasn’t exploded from his ego!” Sparx cried out.
“Watch it glowboy! Or your gonna get a face full of fur from my fist!”
“Oohh, trying say that five times without twisting your slimy little tongue!”
“I’ll knock you five times!”
“Oh yeah? come on furball! I dare you! I bet you can’t even reach me!” He buzzed up a little higher.
“OH!!! That did it!”
“Come on!”
“Bring it!”
They both charged at each other ready for a round, but before they could clash, Hunter reached out and picked up Daxter and Sparx by their tails(tail section in Sparx’s case).
“It appears I know have two dollops with big mouths to look after.”
”It’s a good thing you’re here Hunter,” Spyro said snickering, “Somebody has to keep those two under control.”  He nearly burst out laughing finishing his sentence.  Cynder complimented saying, “Good one you big lug…you know…that’s the first time you’ve made me laugh since we got here.”
“what about when when we complemented your…”
“Nono” Cynder said cutting him off, knowing where he was heading. “I bowed and smiled, I never laughed, you guys were the ones who were chuckling at my moves…right Jak?”

There was no answer.
“Jak?”
All three of them looked at where Jak was standing, he wasn’t there anymore.  They turned around and saw Jak staring at something in the middle of the ruins just off the open cliff.
Hunter let go of Sparx and Daxter.  Daxter got up to his feet.
“Buddy?” said Daxter walking up to his comrade.
The dragons, the cheetah, and the dragonfly followed.

Daxter saw Jak’s eyes, they were widened with shock, staring out into space.  “What?...What do you see?” he asked before turning his head.  Upon turning, his eyes too went wide, and his mouth hung open.  The others also turned toward their direction.  There was a giant pillar in the middle of a mud lake, extending possibly 50 ft high or higher.  On top was a building, but not like the other ruined buildings in Dead town, it looked…natural and rotted.  It looked like some sort of old wooden hut, with a cone-like dome made of straw that was withering away.  The wood of which it was composed of was very well rotted…like it had been standing alone and uninhabited for years.  A old rotted windmill clung to the side of the pillar the house was standing on…it was unsure to say how long it would remain there.

Sparx took one look at the old house and said, “Woah…what a dump, and I thought the city slums were a mess.”
Daxter climbed up on Jak’s shoulder and asked him staggerly, “Jak…is that?…is that?!...no it couldn’t be…could it?”
The others were wondering what they were talking about.

“Dax,” Jak finally said. “It’s…It’s Samos’s Hut.”

Now Spyro and Cynder looked at each other, really confused, what were those two talking about?  Hunter was already confused because he had just arrived.

“But…what?!…how?!…when?!…where?!…why?!  Daxter stammered completely baffled.
“We’re in the future Dax,” Jak continued. “This horrible place…is our world!”

#20 Apr 14, 2009 6:50 AM

spyromaster330

Awesome! Keep writing, its really good smile

#21 Apr 15, 2009 11:32 PM

dragonball06

#22 Apr 18, 2009 11:46 PM

dragonball06

I finally posted ch 13! Sorry to keep you all waiting!

Ch 13: The Shadow

Setting: Haven City, Underground Hideout
Time: May 24, 2408…a half hour later

Torn couldn’t believe unfeasibility of what he had just heard.  Spyro had told him the whole story, of how they came here, how Hunter had arrived, about their previous adventures, and how Ignitus’s image had come to lend them hope and encouragement.  Torn had thought he had heard and seen it all, but this was almost too much to bear.  Jak and Daxter were also listening, and were more interested then anyone from what Spyro had to say.

Torn finally broke his silent treatment and said, “Okay…okay…” he sputtered.  “So your telling me that you came through the same type of crazy hole Jak here claims he’s already been through once…from your world, that’s supposedly in another galaxy?...You must think I’m really gullible.”
“Do you think we would joke about this!?” Cynder asked with seriousness. 

Cynder spoke with such seriousness everyone in the room stared at her wide eyed, even Spyro.  “We’re talking about everything we’ve ever experienced at home…from the war…from the fighting…all the pain and suffering……”  She was starting to leak tears as some memories of the lethal war clouded her mind.  “You think you’ve experienced the pinnacle of war…but your not even close…”  With that, she ran out…up the stairs and out of sight.  Spyro called her name as he followed trying to stop her.  Torn face was blank, he was without words again.  Jak and Hunter just stared at him with anger.

There was a moment of silence until the two dragons came back.  Spyro was comforting Cynder by covering her with his wing, he then turned to Torn and gave him a angry stare.

“I wasn’t trying to be offensive or anything, I just don’t get what all is going on here,” Torn said to Cynder.  She replied, “I understand.”
“The whole world seems to be going mad! And this city was already crazy enough to begin with.”
“Haven…What a town!...right?” Daxter said, waiting for a reply, but nothing came.
“Torn, I’ve been meaning to ask you, why is old place in the ruin so important to the Shadow?” Jak asked.
“There’s a powerful energy force at the old house, the metalheads seem drawn to it.”
“hmph…no surprise, we used to know the old man who lived there.”
“Speaking of the Shadow,” Spyro asked, “Where is he?”
“Why he’s right here, purple thing.”  A strange voice said from behind.
Everyone turned toward the door, an old man was walking from out behind the beds.  He was short, wearing stumps for shoes and a strange pair of glasses that made his eyes appear wide.  His clothes seemed naturally woven, and he had what appeared to be a huge nest growing on top of his head.  But the most peculiar thing about him was the color of his skin…an ill forest green…the guy seemed more like a forest hermit then a rebel leader.
“So…you’re the new troublemaking recruits…and the strange creatures who have caught the cities attention.”

“OH NO!! Not you!”  Daxter cried out as he saw the green man.
“Is he sick?” Sparx asked Spyro noticing his green color.
“Welcome to our humble Underground movement, I am known as the Shadow, but you may call me Samos…and you all are?”
“Hunter of Avalar”
“Spyro”
“Cynder” they all answered.
“I don’t believe it Jak…we went through all this to meet his holiness? Old log of the head grandpa green?”  Daxter shouted.  All the others look at him like he was crazy, but Jak said, “Don’t you know who we are?” He asked Samos.
Spyro looked at him completely baffled, he thought Torn had said Jak never met the shadow before, so how can he know him now?
“Sorry kid,” he answered, “Never seen you before, and I never forget a face…especially one that ugly!” he finished pointing to Daxter.
“So it begins” he said, annoyed.  Sparx snickered, he liked the old man already.
“How can this be? We came through the rift with you…into the future…right? How can you not know us?” Jak continued.
Everyone now looked at him like he was crazy…Samos was at most completely speechless, he couldn’t understand a word the boy was saying, but he didn’t have time to ponder when Daxter blurted out…
“come on! You used to look older than dirt, and uglier than a knotted stump, what gives?”
Everyone then shot Daxter either a menacing, or annoying glare.
“Did you get a little nip and tuck while we were gone?”

Samos had had enough, “Listen boys…I don’t know what kind of twigs you have been chewing on, but I don’t have time for this…we have a baron to overthrow…a child heir to protect…an invasion of metalheads to stop and a city to save!”
Cynder perked up inconspicuously when she heard him say, ‘child heir.’
“The schedule seems pretty full at the moment…besides I haven’t gone through any rifts or portals, I hate teleporting!”
“Sure sounds like the old Samos…” Daxter spoke to Jak.
Samos then turned his attention to a map on the wall, “Right now, I’d like you to go to Haven Forest, and root out a few metalheads…that forest is my source of power, but I can’t protect it much longer…search and destroy any metalheads you find scouting the area.”  He then turned to Jak, “Good luck, and welcome to the fight.”  Jak nodded in understanding, he could figure out this whole mess later, for now, there was work to do.  He scooped up Daxter and both of them disappeared through the door to the surface.

The dragons started to follow, but the shadow stopped them saying, “Let him handle this alone, I think the lot of you have been through enough for one day, besides I would like to have a word.”
“Okay” Spyro said.
The shadow then turned to Torn, “Torn, fetch them some of that old guardian armor, let’s see if it’ll fit them.”
Torn nodded and turned into another hall toward the armory, leaving the shadow to discuss with the outsiders.

#23 Apr 26, 2009 9:06 PM

dragonball06

Hey everyone, sorry to keep you waiting, but I've had other important matters to attend to, but I'm back, and posting chapter 14!  I'm still accepting any comments, please post!

Ch 14  Venture to South Town

Setting Haven City, Underground Hideout
Time May 24, 2408…548 am

Spyro was snoring calmly; it had been a while since he had gotten a good long rest.  His body was well rested on top of one of the bunks, with his tail extending over the bed.  On top of him…rested Cynder’s head on his neck, her body leaning against his, keeping them both warm on top of the soft comforter.  Spyro was reminiscing in his sleep of what happened last night…

---

Samos had brought them some armor to replace their old ripped up cloaks.  The armor once belonged to the huge guardian dogs they once had, but since their dogs were no longer with them, they decided to see if the dragons would fit them.  They had their cloaks removed with some aid from Hunter…since putting them on was a real pain before.  Anyway, with them off, Cynder and Spyro then started attaching the armor.  The gauntlets fit snug onto their paws, and were pretty comfortable, despite the constant rubbing, but that didn’t bother their scales one bit.  Each dragon had put on a set of underarmour,  red for Spyro and blue for Cynder.  After cutting some holes open for their wings, they were able to fit securely.  Next came the chest plates.  Spyro’s was a yellow colored with an orange outline shield shape plate…it had two latches, one that attached around his neck, and the other around his body waist, just in front of his wings.  Whereas Cynder was a metallic gray, with a chrome furnish.  Hers was much different than Spyro’s, it was actually an armor piece that fit through her head, laying just off her shoulders and stomach…she kind of liked the feel of it, and Spyro and Hunter were impressed.  The final garments were neck bands with cape attachments…they were originally for keeping the old guardian dogs warm…but they could cover up the rest of their bodies, concealing them, but could easily be removed when entering battle.

Samos asked, “Well how’s that?” The dragons examined themselves, gazing at their new Underground battlesuits.  Hunter and Sparx were gazing just as well.  Spyro then finally said, “Cool…I like it, it’s a good fit”
“Yeah…why is it you guys always get all the cool accessories?”  Sparx asked.
“Maybe because we can actually carry them,” Cynder answered.
Everyone laughed, including Torn.  “Haha you’re a riot she-dragon”
“I must say, this old pet armor actually reminds me of our styles back home.” Hunter commented.
“It sure feels good,” said Cynder following Hunter’s remark, “What do you think Spyro? How do I look?”  Everyone waited for a reply, but Spyro just kept his look on her, admiring the shine her new armor was making in her eyes.  He then came to his senses and said, “You look…..fit for battle.”  She smiled and said, “Thanks.”
“Try not to scratch that stuff up too much,” said Torn. “They were the only ones I could find that could fit.”
“I’ll be sure to note that,” Sparx replied.

“It’s been a long day for you...you all should get some rest…Spyro, I assume you and Cynder can share this top bed.” Samos said pointing to the first in the row.
“Sure that’s fine.”
“Hunter, you can have the one under.”
“And I’ll just find a spot wherever…as usual.” Sparx said yawning, he then buzzed off to comfortable place by the hanging zoomer and began napping.
“Wait, there’s still something I’d like to know,” Cynder stated.
“Yes?” Samos asked.
“You mentioned a child before? What role could a child possibly have in all of this?”

Samos then turned to face Torn, they both nodded in agreement, knowing it was time to come fully clean.  “Fascinating question actually…you see…a few weeks ago I stumbled across a young boy wandering the streets all alone, he was lost, didn’t know where to go, so I took him in.”

“While I was preparing to bring him to the Underground, I noticed hanging his neck an amulet…an amulet with the shape of the Seal of Mar.”
“Seal of Mar?” Hunter asked.
“What is that?” Spyro followed.
“Mar…is the original founder of Haven City, and an honorable fighter as well…he lived many years ago, when he fought to defend this city from the hands of evil…enfused with the power of eco.”
“What is this eco?” Cynder asked.
“Eco is the living energy of our world…it binds our world together, enriching life and feeding it.”
“Ohhhh….like how the crystals feed my home.” Spyro replied, finally understanding.
“Yes I guess you could say that.”
Cynder re-entered the discussion, “Jak mentioned something about eco before…except…he called it ‘dark’…and that he was tortured with it.”
“Yes…” Samos replied with a feeling of gloom, “Eco can create life when used for the right causes…but it can also be wielded for wrong, for destruction.”
The three newbies looked at each other with a worried look.
“Dark Eco is the bane of our world, it’s the most dangerous substance found on our planet, what ever it touches…it destroys.”
“How awful…” Cynder said gloomly.  Spyro followed by saying, “And to think Jak is infected with that stuff…and he’s still alive.”
“Yeah...” Torn said over Sparx’s snoring, “The baron’s been experimenting with eco, trying to create a super warrior to be used as a new war weapon…all of his test subjects died from exposure…except for Jak.”
The dragons and cheetah hung their heads, mourning over what they had just heard.
“Eco as been used to fuel the city for years…it powers the city shields, keeping the metalheads from breaking through…..we recently learned that the baron cut a deal with their leader.”
“A deal?!” Spyro exclaimed.
“Yes…in return for supplying eco shipments weekly…the metalheads agree to keep their grip tight on the city’s edge…keeping the baron in power.”
“That is completely unjust!” Hunter exclaimed.
“He’s sacrificing innocent people, just to keep him in power?!....how could he?” she said softly hanging her head.
“The baron seeks nothing less than total world conquest.” Samos stated.
“He has to be stopped!.....Right now!” Spyro said angrily.

“NO!” Samos shouted, “Now is not the right time…protecting the boy is all that matters right now…”
Spyro asked returning to the original question, “What is it about this boy that is so important?”
“An old city prophecy says…that the one true heir of Mar himself will rise to power when a great evil threatens the world with darkness…and with the power of the Precursor stone, he will send that evil back to the dark realm of which it originated.”
Hunter listened with interest, then he said, “And…you think this boy is Mar’s heir?”
“The Mar amulet around his neck gives us hope.”
Spyro asked, “What is this Precursor stone?”
“That is of no concern now, right now…we must prepare for the struggle ahead…and you all can do that by getting some much deserved rest…Good night…

---

Spyro was overwhelmed at everything he had heard that night…it was just like what had taken place in his world, only this all only happening in one city!

He suddenly felt himself being shaken awake.  “Spyro…Spyro…come on we gotta go.”
Spyro opened his eyes and yawned.  “Jak…What’s up?”
“Torn”  Jak replied, “He needs us to run to the edge of town and make a drop.”
Spyro hopped off the bed, he then noticed Sparx, Hunter, even Cynder were gone.  Even Torn wasn’t behind his desk.  “Where is everyone?” he asked.  “Torn and Samos had business…everyone else is outside waiting”
“So I’m the last? Why?”
“Because you sleep like a rock…nice metal by the way.” Jak said eying his armor
Spyro smiled at his remark, “Thanks.”

As they started up the Underground stairs Jak said, “By the way…I’ve been meeting to ask you…”
“What?”
“You and Cynder…are you guys……” he stammered rolling his fingers and eyes trying to think of the right word.
Spyro raised his eyes wide,  he knew what he meant…he wasn’t completely surprised, though slightly embarrassed that everybody knew now.
“Is it any of your business?” he blurted out of question.
Jak realized his mood and quickly replied, “No…your right…it’s not, sorry…”
Spyro then pondered to himself and figured, ‘what the heck?’
“Yes we’re together.” He confessed.
Jak smiled and started up the stairs again. “I figured you were”
“How did you find out?”
“I noticed the way you two look at each other…and the fact I saw you guys sleeping together last night.” Jak confessed.
Spyro raised an eye, “Were you spying?” he asked sternly.
“No of course not!” Jak blurted back, “I just came back from the forest last night and happened to notice…” he finished.
“Sure you did.”

Jak and Spyro stepped out into the open as the door closed behind them.  Hunter and Cynder waved from the zoomer.
“About time you got up…”  Hunter said to Spyro.
“Didn’t you get enough sleep yesterday?” Cynder asked.
“Apparently not” Spyro answered.
Cynder outlined Spyro’s face with her claw.  Spyro’s face blushed a little bit…knowing that she was doing this right in front of everyone else.  “Your lucky purple boy, I was really close to tickling you awake this morning…until Jak said he would take care of it.”
Spyro turned to Jak and said, “I owe you one.”
“Yeah you do.”
Everyone then burst out laughing as Jak started up the engines.

As everyone calmed down, Hunter asked, “Where to?”
“South Town…Hip Hog Saloon…Torn needs us to deliver a shipment for Krew.”  Jak answered pointing to the large box strapped to the back hood of the zoomer.
“Who?”  Cynder asked.
“Big city business man…he’s got strong connections all around, I’ve doing side jobs for him in exchange for information on the Baron.”

As he finished explaining, Everyone climbed in except Spyro, who noticed something…or someone was missing.  “Wait…aren’t we short two sidekicks?” he asked.
“WE’RE NOT SIDEKICKS!”
Everyone turned to see Daxter and Sparx facing separate ends of the alley.
“What are they…” Spyro started to ask.
“They had another argument and refuse to look at each other.”  Cynder finished his interrupted question.
Jak said to them both, “Knock it off you two…come on we gotta go!”
“Ain’t going anywhere in this city if I’m traveling shine—pline over here.”
“Ditto furface…and what kinda insult is shine-pline?”
“It fits your character!”
“Oh yeah?”
“Yeah!”
Everyone in the zoomer was rolling their eyes at this point.

“Forget it Jak! No way your dragging me along if were bringing lightbulb head!”
“And I sure ain’t going Spyro! Not with fuzzbutt!
“Forget it!”
“Na ah”
“Fat chance!”
“Ain’t gonna happen!”
“ZIPPO chance”
Spyro and Jak then looked at each other and nodded…they then turned their grinning faces to their complaining cohorts.

‘one minute later…’

“Let me outta here!”
“Get off my wing!”
“Come on Jak! We’re buddies right?!”
“This has to be a first class felony!”
The two sidekicks cried out at the top of their lungs as they were tightly squeezed together inside the canvas bag which Jak put them in.  Jak smiled satisfied with his work as he steered the zoomer out of the slums and into the industrial area.  Hunter swayed the bag that carried the two dollops with a huge grin.  Since they refused to travel together, Jak and Spyro had to make them.
“You don’t really think on keeping us in here do you?” Sparx asked with a whimper.
“You guys can come out when you learn to get along.” Cynder said.
“Or at least until we reach South Town.”  Spyro added.
“Then this will be a short trip.”  Daxter replied cheerfully, since he knew the town wasn’t too far.
“I’ll take the scenic route” Jak said.
“Oh COME ON!!!”
Everyone laughed at loud as the zoomer sped through traffic toward the southern part of Haven City.

#24 May 02, 2009 11:02 PM

dragonball06

I noticed i submitted chapter 14 twice, sorry if i did that again, i'm sorry to make the same mistake twice, i put my story off for so long i forget what chapter i'm on...

Anyway, i deleted the extra and replaced it with this apology, sorry for the confusion!...again.

#25 May 10, 2009 4:32 PM

dragonball06

I have chapter 15 up!  Please don't be afraid to keep commenting!

Ch 15: Krew

The zoomer flew through the Haven industrial section with ease.  It was this part of the city which supplied the majority of it’s power, and the main source of supplies for the Krimzon guards’ artillery.  Krimzon guards were patrolling everywhere.  Normally, they would have been all over the zoomer with their flying patrols and Hellcat fighters, but Jak had grown wise since his last little errand run to Krew, and had camouflaged the box of eco shards with a cloaking device before starting in the air.  Spyro and Cynder were also careful to keep on the down low, and have their capes cover the rest of their bodies, concealing them from the Krimzon guards’ sight.  Hunter didn’t have to worry thankfully, but kept his hood up and his face hidden as a sign of precaution as he handled the bag containing the pestering sidekicks.  Jak rounded a corner and slipped through a narrow gap with eco tankers on both sides, and headed up a metal streaked street which led to the port.  Heading up the port straight, the group could hear the Baron talking from a local communicator.  They sneered as the overheard the Baron informing the city people that there were more monsters among them, lizard creatures, whom Baron Praxis claimed were working with the metalheads.  Spyro and Cynder hissed silently at his remarks.  As the zoomer came to the port, everyone found themselves flying over a huge water canal.  Spyro, Cynder, and even Hunter now understood how huge the city truly was, and gaped in astonishment.  But Cynder noticed there were drain pipes that leaked muck into the lake, contaminating it.  She reviled this notice.  Jak steered toward a town boardwalk, which led the way to a shop that was built into the wall.  Spyro saw the humongous creature float that stood on top of it.  It looked like a small hippo. Jak brought the zoomer to a landing inside a parking nook.   

They all climbed out, and followed Jak up the street to the saloon.  Before they entered through the door, Jak turned and gave a brief warning, “I should tell you guys…Krew can be a little……peculiar…so just let me do the talking, okay?”
“Oh don’t worry about us,” Sparx spoke for the others. “We’ve dealt with enough strange characters to understand how they click.”
“Hah! When you get your first glance at the big man, you’ll be eating those words flyboy!” Daxter blurted.  Sparx shot him a look.  Everyone else ignored them and stepped through the door.

The saloon was very bright, according to Spyro.  There was a lot of light being emitted from what appeared to be glowing tubes of energy aligning the walls.  Also aligning the walls were numerous metalhead skulls, made into trophies for decoration, which really gave Spyro, even Cynder the goosebumps.  Jak walked up to a man wearing a metallic battlesuit that appeared to be made out of metalhead armor.  He had a bright red metallic eye.
“What up Docta Sig?” Daxter said with cool tone.
“Don’t talk to me like that chili pepper.”
“Sorry”
“Hunting any more metalheads lately?” Jak asked.
“Nope, ever since our last run, I’ve been keeping it down low.”

Sig then turned his attention to what was walking behind Jak.  His real eye went wide as he saw two dragons, a glowing dragonfly, and a walking cheetah walk up to him.
“Hello” they all said.
Sig turned his weirded look to Jak.  “Well cherries, looks you picked up some new recruits.”
“Yeah”

“And who are you all?”

“I’m Spyro, she’s Cynder”

“We’re dragons”

“Hunter of Avalar, of the cheetah clan.”

“Sparx the name…glowins’ the game…what up?” Sparx said while giving a peace sign.

Sig turned to Daxter and said, “And I used to think you were one of a kind.”  Daxter just scowled and kept silent.

“Are you Krew?” asked Hunter.
“Nope, name’s Sig…the big man….”

“….Is right here.” Came a voice from above.
Everyone looked up as a floating hovercraft came down from a corner of the saloon, carrying a outrageously plump man with a lazy eye. He was fanning himself, and appeared to have tubes of nutrients lodged into his body.  With one look, Spyro, Cynder, and Hunter’s faces went blank with shock.  Sparx fainted from mere sight and landed on Spyro’s back.

Spyro turned to Jak, hoping for a better explanation, but he just tried to smile back as Daxter just said,  “We toldja so.”

Krew floated toward Jak and said, “Well, well Jak, it seems you’ve rounded up more of a…..exotic audience...wouldn’t you say?”  Sparx perked back up and asked Spyro, “What’s he mean…exotic?”

“Their outsiders Krew,” Jak said, “I’m just showing them around and trying to help them find their way back.”

Krew floated over toward Cynder and leaned down toward her.  Cynder leaned back, she could smell his breath, it was foul.  “You two almost resemble those slinky lizard metalheads Sig bagged for me the other day.”  He laid a hand on Cynder’s snout.  Spyro narrowed his eyes as he did.

“OOhh, smooth and silk, just like my favored metalhead hides…hehehehe”

Cynder shook his hand off aggressively and said, “We’re not metalheads tubby, and for the record, touch me again, and I’ll make you half the man you are now!”

“Then he’ll be regular size,” Daxter whispered to Jak, snickering.

“Hmmm…of course,” Krew replied, he then turned his gaze to Hunter.

“Oh and what do we have here? A walking cat wearing slacks for robes?  And people tell me I must update my wardrobe.”

Hunter felt insulted and said, “This happens to be the formal wear of my clan.”

“Oh really?...Oh sorry to offend you, or your outside fashions anyway.”  He then saw Sparx.

“Agh…get this bug out of my saloon before I have to make a mess with my swatter, I don’t want any nesting…I just cleaned!”

Sparx spoke, “Hey I don’t nest, I happen to be a very tidy gentleman sir, I don’t like to involved in…messy situations.” He finished eying Spyro and Cynder, recalling the adventures they already had.

Krew eyed Sparx for a minute then said, “Hmmm…interesting…first a talking rat, and now a talking firefly, what’s the animal kingdom coming too?” He asked as he flew past Jak and Sig toward his counter.

“For the record, I’m a dragonfly.”

Spyro spoke up, “We didn’t come here to have you…examine us…we came here because we were told you could help us, so the question remains: can you?”

“Perhaps, but maybe you can do something to help me first…ey”

“oh what?” Sparx asked, “Dodging the baron’s cronies and immediate death to bring your stupid shipment not enough?”

“Krew isn’t taken cheap chili pepper,” Sig answered him.

“Krew,” Jak spoke, “If you want help, you’ll get it from me, what ever extra work you have in mind I’ll do it”  Spyro and the others eyed him with appreciation and a feeling of guilt that Jak should have to work for their benefit.  “Really Jak?...your willing to work overtime to help your friends…how very noble, and overally stressful I should add.”

“Haven’t I made clear already I can take whatever you can throw?”

“Ey…you have, very well, I currently have some associates making money handoffs for me…drive around the southern parts of town and collect all fourteen of them for me… ey? Get them all, and you’ll be greatly rewarded…miss one…then DON’T EVEN BOTHER COMING BACK HERE!...ey.”

Jak nodded, “Done…come on guys, let’s go.” He told the dragons and Hunter.  All of them followed Jak and Daxter outside, while Krew eyed the outsiders with some odd interest.

Board footer