Gems: 0
Website

Re: Does anyone LOVE Cynder?

#177 Aug 16, 2009 8:10 PM

DarkMaster

oh, ok

I think Cynder is a really good character, she has HEAPS of fans, i hope they will make a game out of her............ but i think she is an awesome character, but thats just my opinion.............

#178 Aug 16, 2009 9:15 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Lots of fans don't make a good character. I actually find them quite annoying...*cough, cough* Naruto... *cough*

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#179 Aug 17, 2009 12:55 AM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

XD Scarlett. thats really true.

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#180 Aug 17, 2009 1:08 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

It's kinda hard to like Cynder, with all the obsessive fantards of DotD Cynder around who literally look at pictures of her at all day and talk about her constantly on any Spyro topic.

#181 Aug 19, 2009 10:56 PM

Sora
Website

...It's fantards like this that made me dislike DotD Cynder. I still like the Cynder of the first two games, but it's only a matter of time.

She's a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER, for crying out loud!

#182 Aug 20, 2009 12:47 AM

Aura24
Website

Well, the fantards don't get that. They'll ignore you like you're crazy or something. Some even love and worship her, and are jealous of Cynder loving Spyro instead. Sad really...

#183 Aug 20, 2009 11:29 PM

theK9dog
Website

I absolutely LOVE her, Especially in DOTD big_smile

Dont look to the left,
Dont look to the right,
Just follow that strait old line

#184 Aug 21, 2009 6:10 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Why does everybody love her in DotD? Oh, that's right, she's all curvy and awesome-looking now...*sniggers*

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#185 Aug 21, 2009 6:15 AM

Aura24
Website

As if... in my opinion, the rushing of DotD turned my favorite Spyro character into a monster, which resulted in numerous fantards who literally love DotD Cynder.

#186 Aug 21, 2009 8:58 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

... you are all aware that there's a very, very big possibility that some of these fantards you're talking about aren't really in love with Cynder?... that these people could easily be playing a joke on you? and even if they're not, why let their doings change your opinion of something? if you like Cynder, then like her and leave the people who enjoy her in peace.

fantards are outside the concept of Cynder.

#187 Aug 21, 2009 9:44 PM

Jay Tanoshi
Website

I don't really got nothing against Cynder, and I personally think she was indeed a very cool villian goin' good.  I mean, how many times do you see female villians, or dragoness villians in a game?

But...still.  Lately, I don't see what's the hatred for Cynder going on about.  I mean, sure...the game might've defamed her or something (which I don't understand why...), but when it comes to fans...I still don't see too much when you compare it to say...well, you get it.

The one thing you have to realize it there's a rule about fans and fandoms.  If there is a fandom, there WILL be "bad fans," regardless.  Sonic, Mario, Megaman, Digimon, Pokemon, the list goes on.  People loving Cynder isn't new to me, since I've seen people love Krystal, Renamon, and even Bowser (do NOT want to know) to the point of considering them the hottest thing around, so seeing Cynder get such a fuss...yeah.

Of course, there was that ONE artist, but due to the rules, I won't mention him.  Still though, he seems perfectly fine now...

I might've missed something here, but really...these so called "Cynder fantards" isn't something new.  There's "fantards" in every fandom of numerous characters.  Even Spyro himself!   

To be honest, I wasn't going to say anything here, but I kind of saw this...rather gruesome picture of Cynder that was targeted at what she calls "Cynder***s" (I'm not saying that word fully), and mentioned that they're chasing artists away.  I don't get it...I did hear a bit of a fuss about one user, but still...I'm completely lost here guys.

#188 Aug 22, 2009 2:20 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Most of these "fantards" have extended forth from the Fanfiction authors. Many of them have had to deal with members obsessing over things like...how Cynder was treated in one of their fanfics.....or having people screaming that Cynder is the best character of all time hands down...and yes even those who seem to think that Cynder is downright...ugh.....sexy? Sorry but that's taking it quite far, and believe me they are out there.

I've seen all sorts of them in action and I do agree that their is a branch of Cynder fans who are pretty much nuts. They alienate all the other characters to the point where they almost believe Cynder is the Spyro franchise. I don't care if you like a particular character I really don't, but lately the whole Cynder movement has showed me just how freaking nuts some have become about it.

It's a videogame character, try having a little bit of restraint when it comes to something created from a computer and image rendering. Believe it or not reality should kick in now and then...but that just might be the next generation of fandoms.

#189 Aug 22, 2009 2:53 PM

Kmn483
Website

love is a little exetensive, In fact I don't love anyone. (My parents I hate, God i don't COMPLETLY believe in, if i loved my brother it'd be gay, and I only like the girl i like, ok? not love.) But I am a fan of cynder. She's a freaking black dragon. And she's in love with spyro. Which actually for somereason makes me more of a fan. No, I don't get it much ether. But come to think of it, I like code geass more because the main character is loved and, well i gues I just love love storylines. And it somehow draws me closer to things about the love stroyline.

Never returning. may pop in once in a blue moon. *shrugs*

#190 Aug 22, 2009 7:52 PM

RedDragonX
Website

It's one thing if you enjoy the couple and how it turned out in the games, I liked the way it turned out as well because I still like the characters being together, most of the users on here would have gladly accepted that around the time TEN was out, but after DotD came into play and unleashed all these kids who OBSESS over the whole thing it has kinda killed the pairing for some.

#191 Aug 25, 2009 2:20 AM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

I like cynder just from the main story line. She suffered so much yet is so........ ummm *furry thought* attractive *end furry thought*

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#192 Aug 27, 2009 8:41 AM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

I think people are using the term 'Furry' too loosely. Furry is someone who just likes animals and creates Fursonas/writes/draws a certain type of them (Including dressing up as them, but it isn't that bad.) I'm in the Scale subsection...yet, I find it completely freaking retarded that peopel say furries are sexually attracted to animals, like what you basically just said there. Has the world REALLY fallen into the world of dipshitness that people use a term without fully understanding what it means? Yes, and this proves it, and I myself am somewhat guilty.. Now DPX, I am not trying to offend you with that; I'm just *bleep*ed that people are so naive about it.

The so called 'furries' that would practice beastality are called...well, I cannot say my entire phrase here becuase I'd get banned. (Not that I care; I forgot about this site for 3 months.) Personally, they should be shot in the head.

AHEM, TOPIC TIME.

Cynder has the emotional compasicty of a sack of bricks...therefore leading me to call her 'Brick' from now on. And if you watched Anchorman, the character Brick in that has more emotions than her. All it is with her is 'I FEEL GUILTY!!1111!!111' and frankly...I stopped caring about the 3rd time I heard it. We get it Brick; you feel guilty. Then she further displays her uselessness in TEN and getting capture a billion times DESPITE HER BEING A DRAGON AND HAVING THE ABILITY TO BREATH WIND OR SOME CRAP! BUT NOPE, SHE HAS TO BE A COMPLETE RETARD AND BE CARRIED AWAY! And Spyro, being the hopless idiot who would love to get between her legs, rescues her in hopes of 'overtime'. Fighting Gaul...well, she was useless. Brick decided it was a good idea to lunge at the giant ape and attack his 'staff' (See? I told you she was a sellout!) and be knocked out by it.

Don't get me started on DotD...

oh, if people ignore this post with a, to name an example *Ignores rurik* or some crap...Guess what? I'll continue to spam it until it gets through your thick skulls. In fact, I will follow you onto other threads and spam this, mostly becuase it is what fantards and some regular fans seem to discard becuase they cannot deal with the fact that Brick is a complete and utter idiot who magically gains powers (Nope, not a sue at all...)

#193 Aug 27, 2009 10:14 AM

s'pyromane

Huh...happily we haven't this problem in France , nobody seems to even know what Spyro franchise is...
(they will ask you 'it is the new vacuum cleaner ??'...okay , back to topic)
And I don't know what 'Furry' really means , so don't ask me , I will not use this word at all to avoid problems .

I agree with Rurikredwolf about Cynder , and she seems like she has not the evil past she had...I haven't played the others games of the series (try to find them where nobody know them) , but she has nothing of the good anti-hero in DotD (even Malefor is better as a bad guy , and Malefor in DotD isn't the best villian ever...).

I only find her useful to be not too kind with Spyro and Sparx at the beginning (funny moments) and be hated by all the others dragons (except Spyro of course...) , that's why I find her to be actually useful , and for nothing else besides that (Spyro could save the world alone with very little changes...crappy)...

why so much people love her that hard in DotD is a mystery for me (there are now even more Cynder fans than Spyro fans...)...cool caracter design maybe (attractive ?? sexy ?? each time I hear that , I think WTF , maybe I don't see that because I have the PS2 version...okay ,I'm just kidding now , stop hitting me Cynder's fans ><) , and be a evil dragoness...

But for a evil dragoness , she disappointed me , that's for sure , but this could be even worse you know hmm

#194 Aug 27, 2009 6:50 PM

Hail The Ice Dragon

#195 Aug 27, 2009 7:04 PM

DarkMaster

I agree, i like here, not love her...............

#196 Aug 28, 2009 4:21 PM

RedDragonX
Website

If their is any spamming on this thread I have no issue locking it...it's annoying as sin anyways...and yes that also means you Rurik, as much as you want to prove a point.

#197 Aug 28, 2009 6:28 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Y'know, and this is just me, I think it would be agood idea to lock it anyway. This thread has run it's course and I can only see  a flame war coming in. And yes, the only time I spam is if I want to prove a point

#198 Sep 01, 2009 6:45 PM

Hyper

Yeah, I like her alot. Cuz I have never seen a female baddie-turned-good dragon before.

b

GO AWAY

#199 Sep 01, 2009 10:43 PM

deleted

Board footer