Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Nov 14, 2008 5:19 AM

RedDragonX
Gems: 0
Website

Re: Solving Unanswered Spyro Questions and Connecting TLOS to the Originals

I didn't say anything about selling copies genius...I said that the franchise now has more fans thanks to the series...I don't know where you pulled that comment from.

Connecting the two series is very interesting idea...but it would be very difficult to see it work. And the reason it had nothing to do with Spyro in the first is because it's a REBOOT. It's a purple dragon in a different world based around a new Spyro character...it isn't that hard...they knew they would lose fans by doing it...but it was what they wanted to do..

All that said I love both series for what they are...but I can't see them connecting it.

#27 Nov 14, 2008 5:37 AM

ratchet
Website

#28 Nov 14, 2008 6:11 AM

RedDragonX
Website

You can't even make an argument with that...we are all Spyro fans for every single game and for the FRANCHISE. Another great thing this reboot managed to do was divide the fanbase like this....something that you clearly take pleasure in displaying.

The whole point to me saying that was that more people have taken an interest in the character...which in turn leads to the development of more games...I'm sorry that those fans may not be part of your resistance movement....but overall it has helped keep things rolling.

And if you didn't think they needed a reboot then please tell my why sales died off slowly once Insomniac ditched the series...things were not going well...hence they decided to try something different.

#29 Nov 14, 2008 6:36 AM

ratchet
Website

#30 Nov 14, 2008 9:06 AM

Jackson117

Making different universes means time paradox 'm sure the starship enterprise would be in panic and crying and scotty and Kirk would be going OH no another time wrap tongue tongue tongue XD

yeah spyro meets LOS spyro.

So whats different about you

LOSspyro: i got a girlfriend and special powers

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#31 Nov 14, 2008 5:46 PM

RedDragonX
Website

You are perfectly willing to trash the LoS series because of your disdain for the new storyline and your anger in them introducing the new universe. Developers are gonna follow the money no matter what happens.

The old series was doing great in populartiy and sales....(which by the way thanks to Spyro being as innovative as it was) helped bounce the sales out the roof. It was the right formula introduced at the right time. The first three games exceeded expectations in that regard.

And I'm sorry that the new developers butchered the last two games...I know it sucks when a developer causes the series to fall off...but you still didn't downprove my point. Things were going bad overall...sales wise yes....and to the developer that's all that really matters...the money...despite how popular something might be.

The KNEW they were going to lose fans by doing this reboot....they were hoping that they might be able to relate somehow...but perhaps they really didn't care since they knew they would lose the half who were diehard old series. Debating is is useless..we could go around for hours and hours over something that really doesn't matter.

#32 Nov 14, 2008 7:25 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

Don't you think it's a little mean to do that though?

<Jinjo_Eagle> Rare is so mean with Nuts & Bolts though
<Jinjo_Eagle> "Guys, we're bringing back Banjo-Kazooie! YAAAAAAAY! Huh? What do you mean this isn't a Banjo-Kazooie game? It has 'Banjo-Kazooie' in the title! It's exactly the same! ENJOY A BUNCH OF RACING!!"
<Kazooie64> Oh, hello Sierra
<RM_Trev> LOL SPYRO DEJA VU
<Kazooie64> Yeah sad
<TheNintenGenius> I will rephrase that for you...
<TheNintenGenius> "Guys, we're bringing back Spyro! YAAAAAAAY! Huh? What do you mean this isn't a Spyro game? It has 'Spyro' in the title! It's exactly the same! ENJOY A BUNCH OF REPETITIVE COMBAT AND STUPID CUTSCENES!!"
<Jinjo_Eagle> Duh, you silly, only Nintendo knows how to keep an old series going properly
<Kazooie64> Ratchet & Clank
<Jinjo_Eagle> They'll die one day, or go into grimdark territory
<Kazooie64> DAMMIT SHUT UP STOP SCARING ME

#33 Nov 14, 2008 8:04 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Mean to who? The developers being mean to do it to the fans? Sorry I'm tired and confused lol...

#34 Nov 14, 2008 8:57 PM

Starscream

R&C are safe as long as Insomniac is in charge......

But if they sell rights oh boy it WILL be Spyro all over again....

The reason why Nintendo is great is that they keep the game formula everyone loves but still add something new.....

Take a look at my favorite Nintendo series Kirby. Every game has cute enemies, powers, fun music and overall keeps its cute nature...

If you take it suddenly and add grim post apocalyptic Popstar, have giant radioactive rats with Kalashnikov rifles as enemies, put some latin chorus as music but stuck Kirby in it would it be a Kirby game?
Of course not....

And that's pretty much what they did to Spyro, maybe less drastical but still it is...

#35 Nov 14, 2008 9:04 PM

RedDragonX
Website

That's what happend to Spyro in the post Insomniac era yes. Whenever someone changed developers...."sigh" it never turns out very good. It even happend when Krome finally went down the tubes and they turned it over to EL...which according to them caught their attention because of the work that they did before..and how they thought it would help please the vast majority of the fans..

Alas they fell up short on most ends...but at least they saw things through. It will be interesting to see who is gonna produce the next game.

#36 Nov 15, 2008 6:57 AM

ratchet
Website

Ok, we're getting off topic.
But we've all come to the conclusion that Sierra/ Vivendi sucks. Because they came up with horrible developers and ideas for the series, just for money. They should of just continued the series as it was, or just let it die, because what Spyro is now is not Spyro, so why is it called "spyro" anyway....

But anyway, lets get back on topic.
Any more inconveniences guys, i'll be happy to explain them....

#37 Nov 15, 2008 11:49 AM

RedDragonX
Website

#38 Nov 15, 2008 12:41 PM

ratchet
Website

In my opinion, Just puttingf the series to rest would have been better than rebooting the series and completely changing it. Its just like killing the series except we have an imposter running around

#39 Nov 15, 2008 11:41 PM

RedDragonX
Website

#40 Nov 15, 2008 11:57 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

But he IS an impostor. His name is "Spyro" and he is purple and gold, but he isn't the same dragon.

That definition fits nicely don't you think?

#41 Nov 16, 2008 12:00 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well it fits for you guys no problem since your distaste for the new series runs on high...but for those of us who do enjoy it in some regard it doesn't fit lol....either way you argue it it's not gonna end...."sigh"....just like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers......god that's a headache.

#42 Nov 16, 2008 12:17 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

What does that have to do with LoS Spyro being an impostor? It's as clear as day:

Insomniac makes the "Spyro" series first, they establish the character, make a name for themselves and their series, and give him something to be known for. Then, when they think they have "established" Spyro as a character and a series, they hand it off trustingly to someone else and what they accomplished is trashed completely.

#43 Nov 16, 2008 12:28 AM

RedDragonX
Website

True so basically you will think of anything past Insomniac as an Imposter to the TRUE series....which is what all of you guys think...and I don't blame you since it is pretty much true. They have tried to develop better games for the good of the entire franchise...

I'm pretty sure the developers were not sitting there going...yeah let's do the best we can to trash the name of Spyro and such...they have all tried to do better things. You guys will never see something better then the originals...until they bring them back...at least some of you do...not you in particular.

The old games were very good yes..they still bear most of the pride for the Spyro fanchise...but not supporting those who are trying to live up to that pride really doesn't help the situation...for as far as I can see they will not return to the old games. Imposter or not..they do it for US..the fans...they wanted to try and make things better...so at least give them some credit..as much as you don't like it or not.

Change is part of life...things will keep changing until they find something that works...if the LOS doesn't work..then they will get rid of it until the find something that does...but since they are continuing with development..and making a movie..I think things are going pretty well for the "Imposter".

#44 Nov 16, 2008 12:38 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

No, I don't think they tried to make him better, they just tried to make him more appealing for an audience that rakes in cash in today's market. Also, making a movie out of something that is well-grounded in another specific media is what is considered "selling out." The guys in charge of the movie are the creators of a bunch of Garfield movies, which were all made for bringing back attention to Jim Davis' comic to keep bringing him the money.

You'll notice that a lot of the people here who believe the old series should not have been rebooted believe in the phrase "don't try to fix what isn't broken."

#45 Nov 16, 2008 12:47 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I'm sorry you guys feel that way about it. I'm as big a fan as the old Spyro series as you are...but unfortunetly they will always go where the money is....but I can't take anything away from developers who did take their time and skills to try and bring something to life...for all you know you could end up doing that one day..(even though you prolly won't)...and it would be nice for people to send you messages like that. Doesn't matter now. They will go where the money is...but to the people who made the game..they tried to bring it to life as best they could...

The people who developed the first Spyro game were in it for the money just as much as the new ones were..they just happened to make the right game at the right time to a new market...so don't get all gung-ho LOS was to trash the name of Spyro. You don't know what they were thinking...at least all the small people who brought it to life...and you never will....you can say you do....but you won't.

Let the fight continue about just where things are going in the future....reminds me a lot of politics...ehhh..

#46 Nov 16, 2008 1:05 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

It doesn't matter if "I can't tell what they were thinking" you can see it written in someone's work clearly. You can see when people put their best effort into what they do and you can see when people have fun with it. I do not see it in LoS, I just see a bunch of rule-following, rushing and putting in as little work as possible as long as they get the attention of who they were aiming to get the attention of. In the case of marketing strategy, they certainly are geniuses, but not in the case of making good games and aiming for making everyone happy, this is why we disrespect them you see. "We're not going for pleasing the old fans" is quite possibly the worst thing they could have ever said because it blatantly showed what kind of wrong *bleep*ing attitude they have and the effort they just refuse to put in.

Insomniac may have been going for the money as well, but they were also going for making a good series. Even when you have your pain and turmoil moments in your work, as will always happen, when you complete it it is a great feeling of achievement that you have made something good. I know that feeling, and I can imagine how disrespectful it must have been for Activision to disregard what Insomniac had established so easily. "Oh what a nice painting you made! Everyone in the class loves it, and I know you are very proud of it! AND NOW IT'S GOING IN THE TRASH TO MAKE WAY FOR SMALLER BUT LESS QUALITY PAINTINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE EASIER TO HANG UP ON THE WALL."

#47 Nov 16, 2008 1:14 AM

RedDragonX
Website

You can be as emotional as you want about it because things are not gonna change.

I wish that you could have developers that really do care and who really want to bring something to the series....when you find someone like that you want to hold onto them...and that's what Insomiac did for a couple years....since Spyro was made as the face of their pride they took pride in making him look good....and it was nothing I was against.

Hence why I think the old games are still better..and they always will be until someone can come up with some ingenious new strategy to do so...but I can't listen to someone sitting there and say that nobody cared at all. That's just a little inconsiderate.

There work had plenty of errors in it to notice..hence why the game has been based as much as it has...they rushed production...and they followed a formula that could have been applied much much better....it's simply becoming harder with each passing year to create a game that you really aim for quality...especially in something like Spyro's case.

What you see in LoS is your own views...everyone has them and everyone is entitled to them. I do not fight over this because I hate your theories...I am merely challenging the topic at hand..and presenting my best take on it...I want the franchise to be successful again as much as the next fan.....but LoS didn't trash the reputation as much as you think.

I have met more fans now who are interested in the series as a whole thanks to it...so at least it has drawn people to the character...wether it is the "imposter" character or the original...at least they are willing to try anything that comes in the future....bus of course we will all continue to fight about it as we do.....the one thing I hated most about LoS...it divided everyone....what else is new.

#48 Nov 16, 2008 3:34 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

*sigh* Nobody is fighting about it, and the games are still an insult to tons of people no matter what you may think; maybe you should lurk a little more outside these forums. If Sierra actually cared they sure as heck aren't showing it very well. Already a large proof of them not caring about making a good game is wasting their budget on completely unnecessary celebrity voice acting instead of actually hiring game designers that know what they're doing. Insomniac had a large budget to work with, and they didn't do anything of the sort. They are also working with Activision, who have a history of publishing obvious cash cow games.

PS. I've counted how many times you've repeated yourself with "nothing's going to change" which is only your personal prediction. Nobody here is getting their hopes up, we are merely discussing what should be happening.

#49 Nov 16, 2008 4:52 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well you...no...you have not said anything of the sort about "they are going to bring it back" and if I seem repetative with my they won't bring it back pieces I'm sorry. I don't try to fight with anyone...and I do lurk in plenty of area's outside this forum...this is the only one I voice my oppinion on.

I'm sorry if the series insulted you...again it's your personal views and they are yours...so nothing is going to change that. If you take the game that seriously then you truly must love the original series.

Right now all I can determine is that the game needs a developer who does care...and it's not that I don't want them to go back to the originals..I just don't see anyone considering it...but that's just me....and just like this game being an insult to you...many people are fond of the new ones...

If they truly care then they will distribute their efforts a little more wisely next time.....that's all I want to see. I just wont take it as in insult...but that's just me...everyone is different. I'm just sick of arguing over something out of our control.

#50 Dec 09, 2008 4:06 AM

ratchet
Website

BOT, i added a poll for everuone to agree or not.
And again, I'll be happy to explain any more inconveniences!

Board footer