Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Nov 08, 2008 11:40 PM

CynderRules
Gems: 0

Re: What do you think will happen at the end of DOTD

I'm predicting that Iggy will die, Cynder confesses her love, and Spyro and Cynder don't die and live happily forever in some meadow.

#52 Nov 09, 2008 2:39 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Really? Wow is that really how it ends....You just spoiled everything for me!!!.....nah I'm jk lol....

#53 Nov 09, 2008 5:36 PM

lilgti

oh my GOSH  i must have missed THAT cutsceenepretty crazy tho  wink  wink  :-P

theres 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count and those who cant

#54 Nov 09, 2008 8:04 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Nah you didn't miss much.......or did you?....nah jk.....

#55 Nov 11, 2008 6:18 AM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

#56 Nov 11, 2008 7:32 PM

RedDragonX
Website

lol..great image.....but you could do the total opposite....or maybe not....all depends on how you view things. I don't think it was a complete failure...far from it.

#57 Nov 12, 2008 6:50 AM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

Im a person who doesnt play games for a good story, i like them because they have epic gameplay. Im not going to like DotD if the story is the only thing that is GOOD in the game.

*bleep* i wish this trilogy wouldve been good, but as shade105 said, this trilogy was an experiment all the way. Yeah, but dont take we wrong, i dont hate tlos, the trilogy wasnt entirely bad either. It just would needed little more work on it, because it seems that they rushed the game. Please, next time put little more effort in the game, as Imsomniac did in the first trilogy. Anybody agree?

#58 Nov 12, 2008 12:47 PM

CynderRules

I do, they need to find that perfect balance between logic, gameplay, and plot. ^^

#59 Nov 12, 2008 6:59 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

Yeah ^^ Put more effort on future games.

#60 Nov 12, 2008 8:11 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well DotD was obviosly rushed...as you can tell by spelling mistakes found in the game and the manual, the lack of any marketing whatsoever, and the design of several characters.

The old series did well with the combination of effective, simple gameplay with somewhat of a story. You have gamers who like story over gameplay...or gameplay over story....and like Shade did say....the whole thing was an experiment.

They need to develop a balance bwetween the two....because in today's market the story won't get you very far.

#61 Nov 13, 2008 4:15 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

I think that they all were rushed at some point. I agree.

#62 Nov 13, 2008 6:33 PM

Picklejerky

#63 Nov 13, 2008 7:06 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I didn't say the game wasn't enjoyable...I think it is by far the best Spyro game to date...at least in the LOS series of course.

I'm just pointing out the things that really brought down the overall quality. And they didn't have as much time to work on this game as you think. Mistakes are mistakes...but they do downplay my respect in a game...I like developers who really care. Especially marketing. I still can't find the game in places like Wal-Mart...or even Best Buy...and it's been out for weeks.

I'm not complaining though...overall it was a very good experience...and I'm excited for what they will do in future games.

#64 Nov 13, 2008 8:09 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

I hope that theyll come up next time with something more decent and less cliche'ish. I am also excited looking forward for a good spyro game in the future.

#65 Nov 13, 2008 8:13 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Again with the cliches lol......I really should make a topic on that....It isn't possible to create a storyline these days without having cliches involved....it's a very heavy debate. But yes...I hope that they manage to develop something rather different in the future games.

#66 Nov 13, 2008 8:16 PM

Starscream

I gave up on the story....if this is the best they could come up then I just don't care anymore you guys can love it or you can hate it I just don't give a crap about it  I'll just turn off my TV while the cutscenes are playing that's for sure....

What I want is a FUN and INTERESTING gameplay since that is the reason I play games......

If they don't do something about that they I won't care for the new games at all....

#67 Nov 13, 2008 8:19 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well seeing as how they knew they were losing thousands of fans by changing the story and setting of the series...I highly doubt that they care about one individual in particular. They will direct their attention towards the fans who do care and who do support the series...and their are a hefty amount of them.

#68 Nov 13, 2008 8:23 PM

Starscream

And there's also a hefty amount of older fans who desperately want a good platforming Spyro game....

#69 Nov 13, 2008 8:30 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well as far as I know they have no plans on going back to the original series....so we wil have to deal with what they develop...but give them credit for at least trying when thing's could have been much worse.

If they do develop a new game maybe they will learn from their mistakes and create something that both new and older fans can enjoy...but since the reboot had some relative success..that's the universe that they will continue to work with.

Board footer