Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#101 May 24, 2008 1:12 PM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Re: Is Spyro still Spyro no matter what he looks like or what the gameplay is like?

But when i say hes not Spyro anymore, thats what i'm saying. Saying TLOS Is Not Spyro is like Saying TLOS is not a tomato. Got what i'm saying, Doppel. But Doppel, there is a bit difference between tomatoes and aeroplanes and TLOs and old Spyro, but lets not get onto that at the moment wink

#102 May 24, 2008 3:02 PM

Dragonstar

Re: Is Spyro still Spyro no matter what he looks like or what the gameplay is like?

I agree with ratchet he's the opposite of the Spyro we all know and loveD.

#103 May 27, 2008 1:02 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Meh. Spyro is still Spyro as far as I'm concerned.

#104 May 27, 2008 8:19 AM

corky

here it is:Spyro is Spyro no matter what. if u put him in grand theft auto, fine, thats ur problem, ur just changing wat hes being put in. HE IS STILL SPYRO!!

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

Will Rogers

#105 May 27, 2008 9:49 AM

TTEchidna

Okay guys, what'd I miss in the past two years?

Did I, gasp, lose my title as the biggest basher of TLoS?! GASP AND SHOCK HORROR.

Anyway, Spyro is Spyro no matter what... well... That's like saying that Link is Link no matter what. And sure, while every Link has worn a green tunic... well, one of them thinks it SURE IS BOOOOORING AROUND HEEEEERE...

Spyro is a purple dragon who is accompanied by Sparx. That's the most basic thing you need.

Spyro is a young, heroic dragon who happened to be in the right place at the right time when Gnasty Gnorc cast a spell on the Dragon Kingdom.

Spyro accidentally ended up in Avalar, meeting a whole cast of characters that would stay with him through his remaining adventures.

Spyro freed the other side of the Dragon Kingdom that had since been abandoned.

Spyro used flame breath and charging.

That's what made Spyro for me. That's old Spyro. New Spyro is Mr. Fight-Fight-Fight the dumb*bleep* monkeys. Mr. Gotta Team Up With Miss Shadow the Hedgehog in Dragon Form. Maybe sweeping generalizations, but hey. Saying new Spyro is the same as old Spyro is like saying Link in The Wind Waker should have said that Outset Island was BOOOORING, gotten his boat to tell him "MAH BOI" and defeated Ganondorf by throwing a book at him.

Thankfully, though, Nintendo doesn't regard the CD-i games as canon... Get da hint.

And maybe I was wrong...

Happy 10th, Spyro.

#106 May 27, 2008 10:58 AM

ratchet
Website

yep, i agree woth you, TTE!

#107 May 27, 2008 9:11 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

Well, since I have my opinion, I say go play the originals 1000000x.

If you miss the old spyro, then play old spyro.

If you want new spyro with old style, it's not gonna happen.

If that's too bad for you then it sucks to be you.

#108 May 28, 2008 3:00 AM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

Yea. As long as The dragon is Purple, is named "Spyro" *cough cough*, and he collects gems of some sort.

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#109 May 28, 2008 4:04 AM

Fletch_Talon

spyro games for me were (and still are) about the atmosphere, now i cant complain about the new series atmosphere since i havnt played it but i dislike the way spyro looks, but i guess at least he still has most of the defining features

i will make assumptions about the difference between the 2 series, now the charm of the old spyro as i say was the atmosphere, and it came from the beautiful colourful funny worlds that frankly i could just run around forever, and thats the thing, you could run around forever cuz it was free roaming, from what i hear however the new series is more linear, now theres nothing wrong with that, but it kinda strays from what made the originals special, making it a bit more like a lot of other games out there

so to actually answer the question rather than rambling more, yes its still spyro, but its a different spyro, in a different world, without the originality of the... well originals
if that makes any sense >_>

#110 May 28, 2008 6:54 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Welcome to the forums. smile

I prefer T.L.o.S, but frankly, I really don't understand why people keep saying 'this is NOT Spyro!'
It's Spyro, albeit a completely different Spyro. I still stand with what I said before.

#111 May 28, 2008 10:22 AM

ratchet
Website

"I really don't understand why people keep saying 'this is NOT Spyro!'"

because it was a reboot, that makes it a totally new spyro, a new story, Spyro used to be a tomato, now hes an aeroplane. So hes got the same name, the same colour, the same sidekick, the same gliding and charging ability, the ame species, the same flame ability and gems exist but if you compare the DIFFERENCES you can see much more.

#112 May 29, 2008 6:30 AM

ratchet
Website

uhhhhh, isn't it a reboot meaning thast its an entire new spyro, i dont think its the same spyro but grown, not at all. But i myself are getting off topic and not to the actual point as that poster their reminded me, OK, we all know that is a diffeent spyro because its a reboot, so THAT for sure is a "not Spyro" but when i said he was Not Spyro, i was talking about it in a more atmospheric than physical. What i mean by hes "not Spyro" is that hes not what spyro was, as in a pure-fun everyone-audience game which has free roam, collecting, minigames, lively music, bright colours, a good story, platforming/varitey gameplay and a good amount of play value. Hes not that anymore, hes been abolished ans replaced with sometjing different, sure hes purple, he has the same sidekick, still a dragon and has some of the same attacks, but you cant say that the atmosphere hasn't changed. The Reboot was a good sign that Vivendi wanted sometjing to do with old spyro anymore, and revoked him, found him to be the "non-applicable" spyro, or in other words, not the same spyro. Ofcource what we are debating about doesn't change the world, but dont expect me to be happy and say "Well it doesn't matter if Vivendi does anything to the series" because just as you miss your aunt who had died, i miss old Spyro!

#113 May 29, 2008 6:56 AM

Fletch_Talon

i read on wikipedia (not the most reliable of sources i know) that TLoS was originally a prequel, until they changed their minds, now id like to know why they changed their minds, what harm comes from it being a preuel, it makes a bit of sense to me, just because this one is all dark and scary doesnt mean the world couldnt have changed within the thousands of years between the 2 series

#114 May 29, 2008 7:51 AM

ratchet
Website

well i guess they couldn't think of that all the time, but i would have much rathered it as an OFFICIAL prequel, seeing then that means they didn't forget about the originals.

#115 May 29, 2008 9:31 AM

spyromaster330

i always thought it was a prequel for some reason. Anyway, I think it would have been better if it had of been a prequel instead of a reboot. Though i guess they would have to explain why Cynder and all the guardians and that arent in the origanals and stuff.

#116 May 29, 2008 10:24 AM

Fletch_Talon

well if this was a prequel i think its pretty clear that its still a different spyro, my theory is that this spyro would be some kind of legendary figure in the earlier spyro games, and perhaps spyro1 (as i will hearby refer to the original spyro) was named after spyro2

for the new spyro to be a preuel the prior spyros there would have to be hundreds or thousands of years between them

Board footer